Turn your presentation into an interactive event.
Engage your audience with multi-touch, interactive presentations and learning sessions that feature HD resolution and wireless versatility.
Sorry, this item is not available anymore for purchase online. Please see our recommended replacement product.
Multi-touch, interactive collaborationMake your projects, reports or lessons something special. Share your ideas and encourage collaboration with a complete interactive projection solution that combines the functionality of a whiteboard with the features of a multi-touch display and/or a large Windows 8 tablet.
- Use your fingers, traditional dry-erase markers or one of the two included styluses to interact with projected content.
- Easily share learning modules, websites and other applications through the S520.
- Promote active audience participation with a large, interactive touch screen that helps encourage engagement and attention.
- Effortlessly interact with Windows 8 gestures, apps and charms to further engage your audience
- Benefit from OS-level multi-touch and gesture support for compatible software such as Windows 8
Wireless and wired versatilityIn addition to the essential ports for wired connectivity, you have the option to avoid hardwiring network and USB cables, and save time and money on installation with the S520's wireless capabilities. Please note, in order to use the multi-touch capabilities of the S520, it is required that users connect their computer via USB.
- Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) + Miracast support enables easy pairing with various WiDi-enabled devices for smooth video streaming.
- WiFi connectivity offers wireless compatibility for virtually any laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Multiple ports, including USB, RJ45 and HDMI, allow various wired-device connections and easy integration with existing networks.
High performanceDesigned for outstanding performance in a variety of room conditions, the S520 is perfect for classrooms, conference rooms and even small offices.
- Ultra-short throw helps eliminate distracting shadows and allows for room-size flexibility.
- HD projection and BrilliantColor™ processing technology with WXGA 3,100 lumens create bright, accurate and consistent colours.
- Compatibility with multiple platforms and operating systems, such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Android and IOS, makes it handy for many smartphones, tablets and laptops.
- Project your presentations without a PC. The S520 has up to 2GB* internal flash memory or from up to 32GB* using a USB flash drive.
- Two built-in 10W speakers offer strong audio performance.
Comprehensive solutionThe S520 is the complete interactive projection solution that is designed for easy, precise installation of the projector, wall mount and whiteboard. The S520 projector includes:
- Interactive projector
- Remote control
- Custom 87-inch dry-erase whiteboard
- Wall mount
- Laser curtain
- Two styluses
WarrantyService and Support
You get Dell™ 2-Year Next Business Day Service level that can be extended* up to 5 years, which includes a 1 year projector bulb limited warranty and 24x7 access to tech support resources online.Optional CompleteCare™ Accidental Damage Service for up to 3 years.
Standard Service Support:
- Light valve
Single-chip 0.65” WXGA
3,100 ANSI Lumens (Max.)
Typical High contrast ratio: 8,000:1 Typical
WXGA (1280 x 800)
85% typical (Japan Standard - JBMA)
Effective focal length = 654mm ± 10mm @ 87.2 screen size
Lens Offset Ratio
125% ± 5%
0.35 (wide and tele)
0.517m ~ 0.759m ± 0.01m (1.7 ft ~ 2.49 ft)
Diagonal Projection Screen Size
70" ~ 100" (1.77m ~ 2.54m)
Up to 1.07 billion
Special Specifications (if applicable)Closed captioning, Customizable startup display All-in-one 10-point multi-touch interactive solution 87" diagonal touch interface on the included dry-erase whiteboard
Universal AC 100-240 50-60 Hz with PFC input
2x 15-pin D-sub connectors (blue), VGA-A and B, for analog RGB/Component input signals
1x 15-pin D-sub connector (black) for VGA-A loop through
1x standard 4-pin mini-DIN S-Video connector for Y/C signal
Composite video input:
1x yellow RCA jack for CVBS signal
1x HDMI connector for supporting HDMI 1.4a (HDCP compliant)
1x mini USB-B slave for
laser curtain touch HID
1x USB-A connector for supportin
PC-Free Presentation of up to 32 GB using USB flash drive (Office / Multimedia Viewer)
1x USB-B connector for supporting
Memory storage access of the S520’s built-in 2 GB internal flash memory
Integrated wireless functionality:
Wireless Standard: IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n (2T2R)
OS Environment: Microsoft® Windows 8/7/Vista /XP /2000, MAC OS X
Integrated wireless display:
Intel® WiDi 3.5 with Miracast™
2x 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack (blue) and 2x pairs of RCA connector (red/white)
1x 3.5mm stereo mono phone jack (green)
1x 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack (pink)
1x RJ45 connector for LAN Display and control of projector through network
1x 9-pin D-sub for RS232 communication
1x 12V DC/200 mA max. output for driving laser curtain
Component video / S-Video input:
NTSC: M (3.58 MHz), 4.43 MHz
PAL: B, D, G, H, I, M, N, 60
SECAM: B, D, G, K, K1, L
Component video input via VGA:
480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i
Video Compatibility on HDMI input:
480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080p
Built-in flash memory:
2 GB for file storage and PC-Free Presentation (Office Viewer / Multimedia Viewer)
280W side-loading user-replaceable lamp
Light source lifecycle:
Up to 3,000 hours in Normal Mode
Up to 4,000 hours in Eco-Mode
Up to 4,500 hours in Dynamic Eco-Cycle Mode
Manual vertical ±20°
- Password Protection (when enabled)
Kensington lock slot (security cable sold separately)
- Dimensions Projector:
357mm x 231mm x 367mm (14.1” x 9.1” x 14.4”)
495.3mm x 246.4mm x 714.7mm (19.5" x 9.7" x 28.14")
2045mm x 1410mm x 58.4mm (80.5" x 55.5" x 2.3")
Dimensions Laser curtain: (included with projector, to be slotted into the recess located on top edge of whiteboard)
330.76mm x 50.57mm x 41.0mm (13.0" x 1.99" x 1.61")
18.74 lbs (8.5 Kg)
13.1 lbs (5.94 Kg)
62.0 lbs (28.1 Kg)
Weight Laser curtain:
0.68 lb (309 g)
- Power Supply:
Universal AC 100-240 50-60 Hz with PFC input
Normal Mode: 345W ± 10% @ 110 Vac (network on)
Eco-Mode: 285W ± 10% @ 110 Vac (network on)
Standby Mode: ≤0.5W
- EU RoHS compliant:
5°C ~ 40°C (41°F ~ 104°F)
0°C ~ 60°C (32°F ~ 140°F)
-20°C ~ 60°C (-4°F ~ 140°F)
- Noise Level
Normal mode: 36 dB(A)
Eco-Mode: 32 dB(A)
- Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
What's in the boxDell Interactive Projector - S520
87” diagonal whiteboard c/w pen holder
Laser curtain kit and screw
VGA-VGA cable (for VGA Display - primary video connection)
12V DC to DC cable
Remote control c/w 2x AAA batteries
2 Passive pens and
3 Alignment bars
USB A to Mini USB-B cable
InterWrite WorkSpace CD
CD User’s Guide and Documentation