- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers with 4GB non-volatile memory per controller
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 7.2K NL-SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives.
3.5" 7,200 RPM NL-SAS drives available in 1 TB, 2TB, 3TB or 4 TB (3TB also available in NL-SAS SED)
24 TB* using twenty-four (24) 1 TB* NL-SAS disk drives
48 TB* using twenty-four (24) 2 TB* NL-SAS disk drives
72 TB* using twenty-four (24) 3 TB* NL-SAS or NL-SAS SED disk drives
96 TB* using twenty-four (24) 4 TB* NL-SAS or NL-SAS SED disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
Interface ports: Four 1000BASE-T ports per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase 1080W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 924W;+5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 1080 W
- Height: 4U / 175 mm (6.87 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 580 mm (22.83 inches)
Weight: 44.5 kg (97.9 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 905 mm (35.63 inches) Width: 607 mm (23.88 inches) Depth: 521 mm (20.50 inches)
Packaged weight: 60.73 kg (133.60 lbs)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Operating Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
- Regulatory Model: E05J
Regulatory Type: E05J001
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
The Dell PS6100 series arrays have earned the ENERGY STAR Data Center Storage designation. Click Here to learn more about the ENERGY STAR Storage 1.0 designation.
Designed to scale with your business
Choose your array
Build capacity for your data center using PS6100E arrays. With 24 NL-SAS 3.5" HDDs and up to 96 terabytes of capacity in a 4U chassis, the PS6100E combines maximized capacity and optimized scalability with simple, flexible management.
The PS6100 Series family features:
- Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
- Four GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS (or SAS SED), or 15K SAS drives or solid state drives (SSDs)
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives (SED)
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software featuresMeet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool-free space, improving your capacity management.
With faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 7x24 direct break-fix hardware and software support for your employees
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, database administrators, and internal service desks or helpdesks. Includes:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
- Collaborative hardware and software support
|Speed of response||Protection||Premium proactive|
|Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. This package includes priority 4-hour on-site service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process and emergency dispatch.||Data management and protection — Helps ensure data security||Enterprise-wide contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Customization and setup services
Dell server and storage deployment services
Dell provides a comprehensive set of remote and on-site installation services for PowerEdge™ servers as well as PowerVault™, Dell | EMC™ and EqualLogic™ storage products to help reduce the time required to get your system up and running. These installation services help:
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.
Dell Education Services
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell's EqualLogic Storage array and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the PS Series Storage Array and how to apply best practices when integrating a PS Series Storage Solution into a vSphere Data Center.