Tough where it counts
When you want the next step in rugged laptops for your tough work environment, the Latitude™ E6420 XFR notebook offers strong performance and reliable data protection in a design that’s built to withstand the most challenging environments.
- Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
- Real-world rugged: Get protection from drops, spills, dust and related workplace hazards with the E6420 XFR laptop’s BallisticArmor™ protection and testing to high defense-grade standards.
- Field-ready: Enjoy a clear view of your work even in direct sunlight with the 14" WLED display featuring DirectVue™ technology.
- Flexible design: Expand your possibilities with optional hot-swappable media bay modules, including batteries, USB 3.0 drives, optical drives, hard drives and a legacy I/O (input/output) module*.
Redesigned for work in your world
Real-world ruggedWindows 7 Professional
Doing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work and the tough environments around you. The Latitude E6420 XFR combines world-class performance with fully rugged design, giving you a truly field-ready computing solution.
- Get protection from harsh environments including extreme temperatures and humidity thanks to the stringent, independent MIL-STD-810G testing and IP-65 certification of BallisticArmor™ technologies.
- Keep out the elements with PrimoSeal™ ingress protection, which provides an IP-65 level of protection against water and dust.
- Worry less about accidental drops thanks to rugged chassis materials, including PR-72™ and a redesigned bumpering system, which helps protect from drops of up to six feet.
- Stay cool with the third-generation QuadCool™ thermal management system, which delivers efficient cooling in extreme conditions with quiet operation and low power usage.
Go-anywhere productivityGet long-lasting power and performance to make your job in the field easier. Latitude E-Family laptops are built with your work in mind, offering great features to help increase productivity in extreme environments.
- Operating System: Windows® 7 Professional
- Stay productive with 6-cell ExpressCharge™ batteries that (recharge to 80 percent in one hour) as well as extended battery options.
- Experience peak performance — even in deserts and tropical forests — with Intel® Core™ processor options, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory, wireless connectivity options and 512MB discrete graphics options.
- Perform more tasks in the field when you use optional hot-swappable media bay modules, including a DVD drive, second battery, 320GB hard drive, USB 3.0 ports or a legacy I/O (input/output) module.
- Work the way your job demands with an optional touch-enabled display that conveniently allows you to interact with your laptop without a keyboard.
- See your work anywhere with an impact-resistant, outdoor-viewable, DirectVue™ 14" WLED display.
Control of ownershipManage, secure and maintain your Latitude E6420 XFR as easily as you do your entire fleet of E-Family laptops — from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confident security: Know your data is secure with Dell Data Protection and encrypted hard drive options, and get control over who can access to your data with Dell ControlVault™, contactless smart card and fingerprint reader login access options.
- Management made easy: The Latitude E6420 XFR fully rugged laptop is remote manageable and provides Intel® vPro™ Technology advanced management features with Intel WiFi Link WLAN option for easy monitoring and out-of-band system management.
- Easily plan: Easy product migrations with Latitude’s long life cycles, transitions, and advance looks at upcoming software and hardware changes.
- Latitude commonality: Use the Latitude E6420 XFR fully rugged laptop with other Latitude E-Family power supplies and accessories.
- Trusted member of the team: Know you have a partner with Dell for supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable service and support options, including Dell KACE™ system management appliances.
- Graphics* Options
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA®NVS™4200M (DDR3 512M) Discrete Graphics with Optimus
- 14.0” HD (1366x768) wide-view outdoor-viewable LED with Direct Vue™ technology
14.0” HD (1366x768) wide-view outdoor-viewable resistive touchscreen LED with Direct Vue™ technology
Both with impact resistant protective front glass
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- 90W AC Adapter
90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
6-cell (60Wh) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
12-Cell (84WH) Rugged High Capacity Lithium Ion Battery Slice
3-cell (30Whr) E-Modular Bay II Battery
- Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
Regulatory Model: P21G
Regulatory Type: P21G001
Energy Star 5.0
EPEAT® Registered (see www.epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country)
Environmental Testing and Certification See Summary of Independent Environmental Testing for details
Independently Tested to MIL-STD-810G for:
6ft Transit Drop - Method 516.6 Procedure IV; Humidity - Method 507.5 Procedure II
3ft Operating Drop - Method 516.6 Procedure IV; Salt Fog - Method 509.5 Procedure I
Blowing Rain - Method 506.5 Procedure I; Altitude - Method 500.5 Procedures I, II
Blowing Dust - Method 510.5 Procedure I; Explosive Atmosphere - Method 511.5 Procedure II
Blowing Sand - Method 510.5 Procedure II; Temperature Shock - Method 503.5 Procedure I
Vibration - Method 514.6 Procedures I (Categories 4,24), II; Freeze/Thaw - Method 524 Procedure III
Functional Shock - Method 516.6 Procedure I; Tactical Standby to Operational - Method 501.5 Procedure III
Solar Radiation - Method 505.5 Procedure I
Independently Tested MIL-STD-810G Temperature Ranges
Method 501.5, 502.5 Procedures I, II:
Operating: -20°F to 145°F (-29°C to 63°C)
Non-Operating: -60°F to 160°F (-51°C to 71°C)
Other Independent Certifications:
IP-65 Certified Ingress Protection – Dust-tight and protected against pressurized water ingress
UL1604* Certified for Hazardous Locations (Class 1, Division 2, Zones A, B, C, D)
MIL-STD-461F Certified for Electromagnetic Interference
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
With Dell ProSupport, you can expect:
- 24x7 direct access to highly trained experts who provide enterprise-level, tech-to-tech support
- Remote and on-site support with four and eight hour parts & labor response options
- Incident-based third-party software assistance for data center and end-user applications, OS, and firmware troubleshooting
- Emergency parts and labor dispatch, in parallel with troubleshooting for issues you identify as severity level 1
- Access to secure online management of parts, convenient for servicing your own hardware
- Options to remotely monitor and manage your data center hardware
- Options for data and asset protection services
Data Management and Protection
Asset Management and Protection
IT Advisory Services
|Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Customization and setup|
For fast, trouble-free installation of your system, including installing into a pre-built rack where applicable. For advanced installation requirements your Dell representative can provide a customised quotation.
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
With Dell Configuration Services, your company receives fully functional systems ready for use by end users or for installation in your data center.Dell Configuration Services can help remove the complexity and frustration associated with deploying new equipment. You avoid excessive downtime in deploying new systems and can eliminate the risks and unnecessary complexity associated with supporting nonstandard configurations in your environment.
Have your image loaded on your PCs prior to shipping. By allowing Dell Services to load your image as your systems are being built, you’ll be able to receive fully imaged laptops and desktops and minimize disruption to your day-to-day operations.
Want to be able to control and effectively manage the status of your computer equipment? Our asset tags and ship-box labels make identifying, tracking, securing and recovering your computers easier, simpler and more affordable.
Computrace by Absolute® Software helps your organization locate lost or stolen systems and protect the corporate data that resides on these machines. Computrace allows you to centrally manage your IT assets, identify missing assets and enforce software policies. In the event of loss or theft – Computrace One can help recover the asset.
Allows customization and personalization of BIOS information for your organisation . An automated way to save time and effort creating basic system settings. Provides additional security and change control.
Hard Drive Partitioning
Minimize the risk of damaging crucial Operating System files and increase flexibility by storing your data on separate partitions with no need to purchase and install expensive disk partitioning software.
Asset Resale and Recycling
Asset Resale and Recycling offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal or donation solutions for outdated or end of life IT assets. This service include transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, donation charity nomination, detailed data security and environmental reports at affordable prices.