Powerful, versatile and scalable
Scale as your workloads evolve, with peak 2-socket server performance and huge internal storage capacity.
- Up to two Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
- 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, supports RDIMMS/LRDIMMS, speeds up to 2666MT/s, 3TB*
Up to 12 NVDIMM, 192GB max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Internal controllers: PERC H730P, H740P, HBA330, H330, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
External PERC (RAID): H840
External HBAs (non-RAID): 12 Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem: HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB or 240GB
- Up to 8 or 18 x 3.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 216TB or up to 16 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 61TB or up to 32 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 122TB or up to 16 x 2.5 SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) + 8x NVMe SSD max 112TB
- GPU options: 4 x 300W (DW) or 8 x 150W
NVIDIA Tesla P100,P40, K80M, M60, M10, AMD S7150, S7150X2
- Titanium 750W, Platinum 495W, 750W, 1100W, 1600W, 2000W and 2400W; 48VDC 1100W, 240HVDC 750W
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy
Up to 8 fans with N-1 redundancy (6 hot-pluggable fans and 2 external fans)
- Form factor: Tower or rack, 5U
Max depth: 708.7 mm
Optional Security bezel
I/O and Ports
- 2 x 10GbE LOM
8 x USB (1 x USB 2.0. 1 x USB 3.0, 6 x USB 2.0/3.0),
Dedicated iDRAC Direct Micro-USB
Video card: VGA
Up to 8 PCIe Gen3 slots
Supported Operating Systems
- Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Embedded / At-Server
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
iDRAC REST API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Dell Repository Manager
Dell System Update
Dell Server Update Utility
Dell Update Catalogs
Microsoft Systems Center
BMC software (available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
Accelerate modern workloads with a scalable platformThe PowerEdge T640 is a versatile, powerhouse server ideal for mid-sized offices, remote sites and data centers. The T640 combines powerful performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform. Address a wide range of workloads and future-proof your data center with flexible storage, performance and I/O options.
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatilityMeet evolving business needs with the scalable business architecture of the PowerEdge T640. Accelerate demanding workloads and plan for future growth with cost-effective, in-server expansion.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.*
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5" or 32 x 2.5" drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automationDell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your business with integrated securityA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.