File sharing and collaboration made simple
Bring easy, rack-mounted file sharing to your small business with the Dell™ PowerVault™ NX300 network attached storage device, which features:
- Simple, Dedicated File Sharing: Built on Windows® Storage Server 2008
- Room to Grow Your Business: 4 TB (raw capacity) file capacity, remote management, 1U form factor
- No Wasted Setup Time: Pre-bundled solution, simple configuration tool, unlimited client-access licenses included
Simple, Dedicated Data Sharing
Using the Microsoft® Windows® Storage Server 2008 operating system, the PowerVault NX300 is an entry-level NAS that is purpose-built for improved file access performance and easily consolidates growing files across smaller organizations.
Set Up and Manage with Ease
The PowerVault NX300 integrates everything you need, right out of the box, to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
The NX300 NAS system integrates seamlessly into your Windows® environment, taking advantage of the same management and protection tools you’ve already deployed. Integration with non-Windows® clients is also effortless and transparent.
Headless operation and remote management are offered through the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and Java Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). In addition, the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 provides remote administration of re-occurring management tasks, saving valuable time and resources.
Storage Technology that Works for YouThe NX300 offers of the right mix of high storage capacity and data management software to help keep your storage deployment efficient. The factory-installed Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 operating system condenses the top file-serving features from Windows® Server 2008 R2 and adds advanced storage management features designed for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
- Choose your capacity point by selecting from a variety of SATA/NLSAS hard drives up to 12TB of capacity
- Reduce duplicate files (transparent file-level deduplication) with single-instance storage (SIS)
- Access information faster through Distributed File System (DFS) namespaces
- Share files across Windows and non-Windows clients with CIFS (SMB 2.0) and NFS.
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.