Why a rack? Because your work demands it.
Get true workstation performance, minus the workstation.
Never compromise your productivity. Dell Precision R5500 offers true workstation-class components, giving you the tireless performance you need to get the job done.
Technology features include:
- Powerful Intel® Xeon® processor options with up to six cores to help boost your work output
- Windows® 7 Professional.
- Top-level performance with optional dual graphics cards or dual GPGPU cards and up to 450W of available graphics power
- Superb flexibility with options for up to five standard, full-length, full-height PCIe x16 cards
- Up to 192GB* of system memory, enabling high productivity on even the largest data sets
- Up to five SATA drives and up to six SAS drives to provide ample storage capacity for your large projects
- Independent software vendor (ISV)-certification on the applications that matter most to you, helping to ensure that you can deliver mission-critical projects without delay
- Optional dual redundant power supplies to help keep you up and running
Work powerfully from virtually anywhere.The Wyse P25 is designed to give your workforce seamless remote access to the R5500
- 1:1 access via the P25 zero client and Tera 2 host card provides the highest level of performance and a superb remote user experience.
- PC-over-IP hardware-based compression transfers only the rendered graphics pixel data over the network, ensuring a fast and responsive user experience.
Help improve ROI with workstation virtualization
- Enable up to two concurrent users to access a single R5500 from virtually anywhere
- The combination of the Citrix® XenServer™ with HDX 3D Pro enables the virtualized workstation environment with a dedicated discrete graphics card per user or virtual machine.
- Support for two NVIDIA® Quadro® 2000 mid-range graphics cards up to the Quadro 6000
Get service and support beyond your expectations.
Exceptional work requires exceptional hardware. While your Dell Precision R5500 is designed for peak performance from day one, Dell’s advanced service and support options can help you get up and running quickly and reduce downtime in the event of an unexpected issue.
- Intel® Xeon® Quad Core (E5620)
- OEM customer only Windows 7 Professional Embedded (32Bit) MUI (OEM Ready systems)
- OEM customer only Windows 7 Professional Embedded (64Bit) MUI (OEM Ready systems)
- OEM customer only Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded (32Bit) MUI (OEM Ready systems)
- OEM customer only Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded (64Bit) MUI (OEM Ready systems)
- Free Dos CD - Drop in the Box
- Intel 5520
- One or two PCI Express® x16 Gen 2 discrete graphics cards supporting 450W maximum combined power.
High End 3D:
NVIDIA® Quadro® 6000
NVIDIA® Quadro® K5000
NVIDIA® Quadro® 5000
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Quadro 600
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 300
GPU (Graphics Processing Unit for High-Performance Computing):
NVIDIA Tesla C2075 – Supports Nvidia Maximus™ technology
NVIDIA Tesla C2050
Hard Drive Help Me Choose
- Up to five 6.3cm (2.5) SATA hard drives:
250GB, 500GB or 1TB SATA 3.0Gbit/s 7200 RPM
Up to six 6.3cm (2.5) SAS hard drives:
600GB or 900GB SAS 10k RPM
146GB SAS 15k RPM
- Integrated SATA 3.0GB/s controller that supports host-based (software) RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 (Windows only)
Optional SAS 6ir PCIe controller card that supports host-based (software) RAID 0, 1
Optional SATA / SAS Perc 6i PCIe controller card that supports hardware RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
Ports, Slots & Chassis
4 - USB 2.0
1 - Serial
1 - Audio in
1 - Audio out
2 - RJ-45
1 - System ID Button
1 - System ID LED
1 - CMA remote LED connector
2 - USB 2.0
1 - System ID Button
1 - System ID LED
1 - HDD LED
1 - LAN LED
4 - Diagnostic LED
1 - USB 2.0
Inches : 3.40” x 17.35” x 29.67” (31.21” w/ bezel)
Cms : 8.63 x 44.06 x 75.36 (79.27 w/ bezel)
Performance flat-panel displays, Dell UltraSharp™ widescreen and standard flat-panel displays from 17" viewable to 30" viewable
Dell Enhanced Quietkey™ USB; Enhanced Multimedia USB; Smart Card keyboard USB
Dell USB two-button mouse and Dell USB optical two-button scroll mouse
Dell two- and three-piece stereo system; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays
Services and Support
- Base: 3-Year Limited Hardware Warranty* with 3-year standard Next Business Day Service after Remote Diagnosis*
Recommended: Dell ProSupport* is designed to rapidly respond to your business’s needs, help protect your
investment and sensitive data, and provide enhanced proactive support services to help reduce risk and complexity within your IT environment
- Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2); Chassis intrusion switch, Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Front bezel key lock
- One or two, redundant, hot-pluggable, 1100 watt 88% (80 Plus® Gold Certified) efficient power supply
- Environmental standards (eco-labels) include: China - RoHS, CEC; EU - RoHS, WEEE; Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Dell Asset Recovery Service
With Dell ProSupport, you can expect:
- 24x7 direct access to highly trained experts who provide enterprise-level, tech-to-tech support
- Remote and on-site support with four and eight hour parts & labor response options
- Incident-based third-party software assistance for data center and end-user applications, OS, and firmware troubleshooting
- Emergency parts and labor dispatch, in parallel with troubleshooting for issues you identify as severity level 1
- Access to secure online management of parts, convenient for servicing your own hardware
- Options to remotely monitor and manage your data center hardware
- Options for data and asset protection services
Data Management and Protection
Asset Management and Protection
IT Advisory Services
|Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Customization and setup|
For fast, trouble-free installation of your system, including installing into a pre-built rack where applicable. For advanced installation requirements your Dell representative can provide a customised quotation.
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
With Dell Configuration Services, your company receives fully functional systems ready for use by end users or for installation in your data center.Dell Configuration Services can help remove the complexity and frustration associated with deploying new equipment. You avoid excessive downtime in deploying new systems and can eliminate the risks and unnecessary complexity associated with supporting nonstandard configurations in your environment.
Have your image loaded on your PCs prior to shipping. By allowing Dell Services to load your image as your systems are being built, you’ll be able to receive fully imaged laptops and desktops and minimize disruption to your day-to-day operations.
Want to be able to control and effectively manage the status of your computer equipment? Our asset tags and ship-box labels make identifying, tracking, securing and recovering your computers easier, simpler and more affordable.
Computrace by Absolute® Software helps your organization locate lost or stolen systems and protect the corporate data that resides on these machines. Computrace allows you to centrally manage your IT assets, identify missing assets and enforce software policies. In the event of loss or theft – Computrace One can help recover the asset.
Allows customization and personalization of BIOS information for your organisation . An automated way to save time and effort creating basic system settings. Provides additional security and change control.
Hard Drive Partitioning
Minimize the risk of damaging crucial Operating System files and increase flexibility by storing your data on separate partitions with no need to purchase and install expensive disk partitioning software.
Asset Resale and Recycling
Asset Resale and Recycling offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal or donation solutions for outdated or end of life IT assets. This service include transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, donation charity nomination, detailed data security and environmental reports at affordable prices.