What is Dell Encryption (formerly Dell Data Protection | Encryption)? This guide will give a brief description on the functions and features of Dell Encryption software.
Dell Data Protection | Encryption
What is Dell Encryption?
Dell Encryption is a number of applications that allow you to:
- Detect data security risks on desktops, laptops and external media.
- Protect data on these devices by enforcing access control policies, authentication and encryption of sensitive data.
- Manage data centrally with policies using collaborative tools that integrate into existing user directories.
- Support key and data recovery, automatic updates and tracking for protected devices.
Dell Encryption - Specsheet
Dell Encryption Features
- Full-System Data Protection Solution. (Hardware, Software & Services)
- Multi-OS supported. (XP, Vista, and Windows 7)
- Local or Remote Management Solution
- Focus on ease of use and performance
This Solution includes hardware and software for Client endpoints that tie into an encryption management server and associated services.
- Hardware: GPE (General Purpose Encryption) card and firmware, that has the encryption engine.
- Client software and Middleware: Running on each client system (Desktops/notebooks) enforcing encryption policies.
- Management console (software): Running on server to remotely administer and enforce policies.
Software-based Data Centric Encryption:
It allows you to easily encrypt data, whether it resides on the system drive or external media. Dell Encryption Personal (formerly Dell Data Protection | Personal Edition) provides FIPS-level protection and enables:
- Easier compliance management: Features one touch-compliance policy templates and quick system recovery.
- Support for existing processes for authentication, patching and more.
- System disk and port encryption in a single solution.
- Encryption of all data, except files essential to booting the operating system.
- Encryption based on user profiles and data sensitivity.
Full Volume Encryption (FVE)
Setting Up The Dell Data Protection Encryption (DDPE): Full Volume Encryption (FVE)
For support, US-based customers may contact Dell Data Security ProSupport at 877.459.7304, Option 1, Ext. 4310039, or via the Chat Portal. To contact support outside the US, reference ProSupport’s International Contact Numbers. For additional insights and resources, visit the Dell Security Community Forum.