Flexible architectural agility
Designed for architectural agility and flexibility to help data centers smoothly migrate to a software-designed data center.
Innovative data center architectural agility with 25/40/50/100GbE switchesGain the flexibility to transform your data centers with high-capacity network fabrics that are easy to deploy, cost-effective and provide a clear path to a software-defined data center. They offer:
- High density for 25/40/50/100GbE deployments in top-of-rack, middle-of-row, and end-of-row deployments
- A choice of S5048F-ON, S5148F-ON, S5224F-ON, S5248F-ON, S5296F-ON and S5232F-ON 25 &100GbE switches and the S6100-ON 10/25/40/50/100GbE modular switch
- S6100-ON modules that include: 16-port 40GbE QSFP+; 8-port 100GbE QSFP28; combo module with four 100GbE CXP ports and four 100GbE QSFP28 ports
- An ideal solution for modern workloads and applications designed for the open networking era
Optimized for the open networking eraGet more agility, more choices and lower costs than proprietary networks with select open-standards-based ON (open networking) switches.
- Disaggregated-hardware/software solutions bring new levels of freedom and flexibility to your data center.
- Support for Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) enables zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
- Your choice of network operating system helps simplify data-center fabric orchestration and automation.
- A broad ecosystem of open-source and Linux-based applications and tools provides more options to optimize and manage your network.
Ready for software-defined networkingDeploy modern workloads and applications while providing an easy on-ramp to software-defined networking (SDN).
- Support for OpenFlow v1.3 provides interoperability with industry-standard OpenFlow controllers.
- VXLAN Layer 2 Gateway enabling allows connection to hypervisor-based overlay networks.
- Third-party OS support provides an easy entry point to SDN for part or all of your production environment.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5048F-ONOptimize choice, connectivity and performance with this innovative open networking multi-rate 25GbE ToR data center switch. The S5048F-ON supports 48 ports of 25GbE and 6 ports of 100GbE or 72 ports of 25GbE and ONIE for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5148F-ONMaximize performance, flexibility and cost-effectiveness with this ToR switch that features 48 ports of 25GbE and 6 ports of 100GbE or 72 ports of 25GbE and ONIE for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5248F-ONProvide optimum flexibility and cost-effectiveness for demanding compute and storage traffic environments with this ToR switch that features 48 x 25GbE SFP28 ports, 4 x 100GbE QSFP28 ports and 2 x 100GbE QFSP28-DD ports. The S5248F-ON also supports Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5296F-ONDouble the amount of direct 25GbE ports with a ToR switch that features 96 x 25GbE SFP28 ports and 8 x 100GbE QSFP28 ports. The S5296F-ON also supports Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5232F-ONBuild a high-performance, cost-efficient data center leaf/spine fabric with this spine fabric switch featuring 32 x 100GbE QSFP28 ports. The S5232F-ON also supports Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S6100-ONThrough multi-expansion modules, the Dell Networking S6100-ON offers the flexibility to support your current and future data center requirements.
- Deliver deployment agility through multi-expansion modular flexibility in just 2U.
- Easily deploy flexible multi-rate port technology (10/25/40/50/100GbE) with the QFSP+, QFSP28 and QSFP28/CXP modules.
- High density enables 40GbE deployments in top-of-rack and end-of-row deployments.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5224F-ONOptimize connectivity, cost and performance with this ToR switch that features 24 x 25GbE SFP28 ports and 4 x 100GbE QSFP28 ports. The S5224F-ON also supports Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5212F-ONModernize compute, storage and HCI connectivity with this half-width 1RU ToR switch that features 12 x 25GbE SFP28 ports, and 3 x 100GbE QFSP28 ports. The S5212F-ON also supports Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Navigate network complexity with Dell EMC Services
Dell EMC network consultants provide expert guidance to help you optimize and transform the network environment for the demands of today’s multi-cloud infrastructures. Our deep infrastructure and application expertise combined with sophisticated network analysis toolsets address a wide range of network technology and process challenges.
Leverage the Dell EMC ProDeploy Enterprise Suite to get your network installed and configured. Our experts can free your IT staff to focus on your core business, minimize downtime and give you the confidence that the job will be done right, the first time.
Gain access to ProSupport technical experts who can assist with your most complex networking challenges. The Dell EMC ProSupport Enterprise Suite provides networking support around the clock and around the globe, helping your team maintain a high level of productivity.
Dell EMC offers flexible training programs so your staff can build the right skills to successfully manage and utilize your network to its full potential. Through our personalized approach, your staff gets the exact training they need to improve productivity and adoption, decrease downtime, and reduce end-user support calls.
- S5048F-ON & S5148F-ON:
48x25GbE and 6x100GbE or 72x25GbE
12x25GbE and 3x100GbE
24x25GbE and 4x100GbE
48x25GbE and 6x100GbE
96x25GbE and 8x100GbE
32x100GbE, 32x50GbE, 32x40GbE, 128x25GbE or 128x100GbE (using breakout cables)
S5048F-ON & S5148F-ON:
S5296F-ON & S5232F-ON:
- Full L2/L3 switching and routing
- VLAN Tagging, GVRP
Quality of Service
- Open Networking
1RU Fixed ports & 1/2 width
S5048F-ON, S5148F-ON, S5224F-ON, S5232F-ON, S5248F-ON:
1RU Fixed ports
2RU Fixed ports
2RU Modular ports
- IEEE – 802.1, 802.3
RFC – IP, IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP,
Multicast, Security, Data Center Bridging,
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
Operating humidity: 10 to 85% (RH), non-condensing
- 100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- EN300 386 V1.4.1:2008 EMC for Network Equipment, EN 55024: 1988 + A1: 2001 + A2: 2003, EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions, EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker, EN61000-4-2: ESD, EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity, EN 61000-4-4: EFT, EN 61000-4-5: Surge, EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity
- All S Series components are EU RoHS compliant
UL/CSA 60950-L Second Edition, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences, EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide, EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communications Systems, FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11
Australia/New Zealand: ASNZS CISPR 22: 2006,m Class A, Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A, Europe: EN 55022: 2006+A1:2007 (CISPR 22: 2006), Class A, Japan: VCCI V3/2009 Class A