Flexible and efficient modular server
Deliver scalability and high density with a 2-socket, half-height modular blade server ideal for HPC, XaaS and virtualization.
High-performance modular compute with industry-leading densityEffectively meet dynamic business needs with the PowerEdge M640. This modular blade server is designed to scale out and enable increased performance – all inside a PowerEdge VRTX chassis. Get up to 16 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor dual-socket compute nodes in a single chassis. The M640 is an outstanding match for data center workloads that benefit from high density and power efficiency, and for multi-server and clustered architectures.
- High-performance computing (HPC)
- Anything as a service (Xaas)
- Private cloud/On-premises
Speed IT transformation with the PowerEdge portfolioTake the next step to modernize your data center with this modular compute platform. The PowerEdge M640 is a modular blade server built on a scalable business architecture that offers you choice and flexibility to meet performance demands easily.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® 2nd Generation Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Gain exceptional flexibility with a universal backplane and a choice of 2 x M.2 (BOSS) or dual SD cards.
- Maximize storage with 16 DDR4 DIMM slots and support up to 1024GB maximum memory.
PowerEdge M640 Video
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded managementDell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Fortify your servers with integrated securityA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.