The power to grow.
Push your ideas beyond boundaries with the Precision 7820 Tower. Featuring a dual-socket architecture for maximum performance in a compact design.
Blazing fast performance
Built for your future
Reliability where it matters most
Stay safe, stay secure
Reduce downtime with Dell Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro. Designed to work with ECC memory, RMT protects your machine from potential crashes by mapping out bad memory locations after the system reboots.
Reliably access your data
Improve the availability of your data with hardware and software optional RAID storage options including PCIe NVMe SSDs and optional Smart Card (CAC/PIV) readers that let you determine who can access your system.
Your work can count on it
Precision Workstations are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. Dell ISV-certifications cover the most popular independent software applications.
Ports & Slots
Dimensions & Weight
- One or two Intel® Xeon® processor Scalable family CPUs with up to 28 cores per processor and Intel Advanced Vector Extensions, Intel Trusted Execution Technology, Intel AES New instructions, Optimized Intel Turbo Boost and optional Intel vPro™ technology
- Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.3
Ubuntu Linux 16.04
NeoKylin 6.0 SP3 (China only)
- Six channel memory up to 384GB 2667MHz DDR4 ECC memory with dual CPUs, 12 DIMM Slots
(6 DIMMs per CPU).
Note: Memory speed is dependent on specific Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family processor installed.
- Front accessible FlexBays support up to 4 x 2.5”/3.5” SATA HDD/SSDs and up to 6 x 2.5” and 5 x 3.5” drives with 5.25” bay populated.
Up to 2 front accessible (hot plug) M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs are supported in FlexBays on enabled PCIe chassis with integrated Intel controller.
NVMe RAID 0,1 option (Intel RSTe vROC). Dell M.2 carrier with PCIe SSD for PCIe FlexBay available
as customer kit.
Up to 4 x M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs via 1 x Dell Ultra-Speed Drive Quad x16 card. NVMe RAID 0,1,10 option (Intel RSTe vROC)
M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Up to 4 x 1TB drives on 1 Dell Precision Ultra-Speed Drive Quad x16 cards.
Front FlexBay M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Up to 2 x 1TB drives
2.5” SATA SSD
Up to 6 x 1TB drives
2.5” SAS SSD
Up to 6 x 800GB drives
3.5” SAS 7200 RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 5 x 4TB
2.5” SAS 10K RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 6 x 1.8TB
2.5” SAS 15K RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 6 x 900GB
2.5” Self Encrypting Drives
512GB 2.5” SED (OPAL/ FIPS (140-2) HDD
M.2 PCIe SED SSD
512GB and 1TB Intel®
- Support for 2 PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphics cards1 - up to 500W with maximum of 2 x 250W double width graphics cards on single CPU configurations. Up to 2 x 150W single width graphics cards on dual CPU configurations.
High end 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
Radeon™ Pro SSG (future)
NVIDIA Quadro GP100
NVIDIA Quadro P6000
NVIDIA Quadro P5000
Mid-range 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
Radeon™ Pro WX 4100
NVIDIA Quadro P4000
NVIDIA Quadro P2000
Entry 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 3100
Radeon™ Pro WX 2100
NVIDIA Quadro P1000
NVIDIA Quadro P600
NVIDIA Quadro P400
Professional 2D cards:
NVIDIA NVS 310
NVIDIA NVS 315
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 417.9 mm (16.45”) X Width: 176.5 mm (6.95”) X Depth: 518.3 mm (20.41”). Optional 19” rackmount rail kit.
Starting weight: 15.9kg (35.1 lb)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0); Optional CAC/PIV card reader for slimline bay, chassis Intrusion switch; Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Kensington® lock slot, Padlock ring, lockable power supply; Optional hard drive locking sleds (key lock), Dell Data Guardian, Dell Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise
2 USB 3.1 Type A
2 USB 3.1 Type C
1 Universal Audio Jack
Up to 2 (future 4) PCIe slots in PCIe enabled chassis for M.2 and U.2 (future) PCIe SSDs
1 USB 2.0
1 USB 2.0 header. (requires 3rd party splitter cable to support 2 USB 2.0 Type A ports)
8 SATA @6Gb/s plus 1 SATA for optical
6 USB 3.1 Type A
1 RJ45 Network
1 Audio Line out
1 Audio Line in/Microphone
- All slots PCIe Gen 3
2 PCIe x16
1 PCIe x16 wired as x8
1 PCie x16 wired as x4
1 PCIe x16 wired as x1
1 PCI 32/33
- Intel® C621 (Lewisburg)
- Bays: (2) FlexBays and (1) 5.25” FlexBay (can support 1 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5” HDD/SSD drives as factory option or customer kit)
(1) Slimline optical bay; (1) SD slot UHS ll Class 3 with read only support (SW enabled).Available PCIe chassis with PCIe FlexBays supporting M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs and future U.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs. PCIe FlexBay customer kit available.
- Energy Star® configurations available including 80 PLUS® registered Gold power supplies; EPEAT® registered (see epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country); China CECP; GS Mark. For a complete listing of declarations & certifications, see Dell’s regulatory & compliance homepage at dell.com/regulatory_compliance
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Essential accessories for your Precision 7820 Tower
Bring your ideas to life with the groundbreaking new workspace that enables natural digital creation. Featuring an intuitive touch screen, pen and totems.
Dell UltraSharp Ultra HD 4K Monitor with PremierColor | UP3216Q
The perfect display for ideal color coverage and incredible clarity on color-critical projects.
Dell Wireless Premium Keyboard and Mouse Combo | KM717
Keep your desk clutter-free with a modern wireless keyboard and mouse combo with scissor chiclet keys and LED tracking.
We've got your business covered
Get anytime priority access to expert support with predictive analytics (via SupportAssist technology*) and damage protection for drops, spills, surges and more.
Configuration & Deployment Services
Deploy new technology without disrupting productivity – quickly and correctly, the first time. We provide end-to-end solutions that configure, migrate data, install, and integrate new PCs into your network.
Accidental Damage Service
Enjoy worry-free ownership and minimize downtime with protection from accidental drops, spills, surges and breakages. Coverage picks up where your previous warranty leaves off and is ideal for high-risk environments and mobile workforces.