- Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
Up to one NVIDIA Quadro P4000 (APOS/Customer kit only)
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Citrix® Hypervisor ®
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- DIMM Speed
Up to 2666 MT/s
Memory Module Slots
16 DDR4 DIMM slots
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Internal Controllers
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, HBA330
External Controllers RAID
H840, 12Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS):
HW RAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 240GB or 480GB
Internal Dual SD Module
- 450W Gold
Up to 2 hot plugs fans with full redundancy
Dimensions & Weight
218.0mm (8.6") (base width)
304.5mm (12.0”) (with foot)
29.3Kg (64.6lbs.) 8-drive bay chassis
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.
- Network Options
2 x 1GbE LOM
(optional) LOM Riser 2 x 1GbE, or
2 x 10GbE SFP, or
2 x 10GbE BaseT
1 x Dedicated iDRAC direct USB
1 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0 (optional)
1 x Video
1 x Dedicated iDRAC network port
1 x Serial
2 x USB 3.0
1 x Video
- Front Bays
Up to 8 x 3.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 112TB
Up to 16 x 2.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 123TB
2 x Gen3 slots (x 4)
2 x Gen3 slots (x 8)
1 x Gen3 slot (x16)
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
OpenManage Power Center
Dell EMC RACADM CLI
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Microsoft® System Center
RedHat® Ansible® Modules
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
Accelerate modern workloads with an expandable platformAdapt to changing workloads with the versatile PowerEdge T440, an ideal entry-level server for small-to mid-sized business (SMB) and remote office/branch office (ROBO) sites. The T440 brings you flexibility with a rackable tower form factor, short 22-inch depth and quiet acoustics that are right for your office or data center. Meet your unique requirements with future-proof performance, capacity and I/O options.
- Workgroup collaboration and productivity
- Mail and messaging
- File and print serving
- Web serving
- Database applications
- Server consolidation and virtualization
Adapt and scale to dynamic business needs with greater flexibilityDesigned to grow with you, the PowerEdge T440 server is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your performance and capacity. Outstanding efficiency helps you keep operating expenses in check as your requirements evolve.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and all-new memory architecture.
- Automatically optimize application performance with one-button tuning.
- Grow data over time with up to 8 x 3.5" or 16 x 2.5" drives.
- Boost I/O performance with 5 x PCIe Gen3 I/O slots.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automationDell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your customers and your business with integrated securityA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.