Simple, automated, affordable
Organizations that need to automate their backup processes to reduce the need for manual intervention and the risk of human error.
- Library Managed Encryption option is available with LTO-4 and later generation drives
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature: 50 to 95 degrees F, 10 to 35 degrees C.
- Relative Humidity: 20% RH to 80% RH (non-condensing)
- Electrical Power: 1.3 amps at 100V ac, .7 amps at 240V ac
- There are two user interfaces:
Operator Control Panel: Located on the front of the TL2000 tape library, the user can use an LCD panel to check system status, run diagnostics, view system logs, check and set configuration, verify drive operations, run an inventory and manage the system.
Remote Web Management: The web based administration can be accessed via a 10/100 BaseT connection through any standard web browser. The user can check system status, run diagnostics, view system logs, check and set configuration, verify drive operations, run an inventory and manage the system. In addition, the user can upgrade the drive and library firmware via the RMU.
- 2U form factor
Height: Rack Mount 3.4" (87.6 mm)
Width: Rack Mount 17.6" (447.5 mm)
Depth: Rack Mount 29.1" (740 mm)
Weight: 34.37 lbs. with one drive and no media
Orientation: Horizontal only
Rack mount standard (desktop conversion kit included)
- Dell™ and x86 IBM legacy, Lenovo and HP servers
For a complete list of servers, refer to the Dell PowerVault Tape Compatibility Matrix: //www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/powervault-lto7/manuals
- SAS, FC, iSCSI*
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO specifications are an open format designed for interoperability
Investment protection is assured through backwards compatibility
LTO-8 reads 1 generation back; LTO-5, LTO-6 and LTO-7 reads 2 generations back
Each LTO generation writes 1 generation back
Linear Tape File System (LTFS) support provides easy data access and management allowing easy file share; LTFS-LE software is available for purchase
- 1 or 2 LTO drives with 24 slots, 8Gb FC or 6Gb SAS
Ships standard with 24 cartridge slots