Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

October 28th, 2019 13:00

Alpha 2, Nvidia BIOS update, BSOD, shuts off

My Alienware Alpha R2 started gaving Blue screen of death after drivers update last night .and with that, Dell Support Assistance software urgently asked me to do VGA Nvidia Update and while doing that i got another BSOD and now, the system wouldnt boot into windows or even stay on. Once i press the Power it start for a less than a sec and shut off immediatly.. dont know what to do - Its not on active warrenty 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 28th, 2019 13:00

Laptops rarely have updates but when they do they must come from Dell not Nvidia or Intel or any other manufacturer. Did you get the updates from Dell? You should not use Dell Assist to get the updates for you especially bios updates. You must visit Dell Downloads and drivers page for your model and download and install them yourself. See if this helps--

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln309333/bios-recovery-options-on-an-alienware-pc?lang=en#faqs

2 Posts

October 28th, 2019 14:00

Hello Mary, thank you for your replay

i did go to my alpha 2 model page and this page asked me to install software assiance (which i did) 

the updates (including the Nvidia Bios Update) were from the Dell Alienware Alpha 2 page, the software only informed me that those software NEEDED URGENTLY and pointed to Dell Alienware Alpha 2 page for downloading and manually installing... 

No Events found!