Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

November 5th, 2019 12:00

Alpha R2, no "Speaker Fill" enhancement option

I have an Alpha R2 that where I'm feeding the video and audio through an HDMI cable to a receiver. Usually there is a "Speaker Fill" enhancement that can be utilized to use all surround speakers even if the computer is playing stereo audio (like a music CD, or youtube videos). This enhancement doesn't exist for my nvidia hdmi audio out though. Does anyone know if there are drivers or something that can be updated to get this enhancement option?

Thank you!

2 Posts

November 6th, 2019 10:00

Yes, I'm also looking into fixing this on the receiver side, but either way the Stereo Fill option should be there no?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 6th, 2019 10:00

You don’t mention the make/model of the AVR, But you normally make digital audio processing  settings like that on the AVR itself .

Most will allow a 2-channel file to “matrix out” to your systems 6.1 or whatever speakers you have. Try Dolby PLIIx-Music or similar.

You can also try “all channel stereo”.

Files instead encoded with digital-bitstream audio (DD5.1, DTS, etc.) play a little differently (vs. these with simpler PCM audio ).

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 27th, 2020 09:00

Realtek enhancements require the OEM driver and use of analog audio.

Windows 10 feature updates routinely break this requiring removal and reinstall of the OEM driver.

No Events found!