Highlighted
2 Bronze

Long read Dell experience

So a little back story.  In early march I ordered and alienware pc and chose the "express shipping" option.  Express shipping is supposed to be overnight shipping after the shipping date not order date.  The shipping date came almost a week after the order date and my following rant about my experiences started 3 or 4 days after the shipping date.  I ended up finally getting my PC roughly 2 weeks after i ordered it.  I was sent an email to document my experiences by a dell employee but it only had a 100 character limit and as you can see this would not fit in with that limit.  I was going to drop this until i made the huge mistake of ordering a couple monitors from alienware and having the same exact issue which i will highlight after the initial rant.

During this time I had interactions with 16 dell employees.  Of the 16 only 1 was a pleasant experience.  A worker named Kazimi ID number 970515 was very nice and did everything possible to help.  The first 4 people I spoke to I was not expecting such a horrible experience so did not record their names or ID numbers. Multiple Dell employees informed me that they were not allowed to give their name or ID number and hung up after I told them I would like to speak to a manager.  Among the people i spoke to Syea ID number 1185643 informed me that I would receive a phone call and email from their manager within an hour and i received neither.  Rocelyn ID number 643227 who early in our conversation informed me that they were working from home told me to hold and they would give me their supervisor,  they then passed the phone over to who I am assuming is just a random person that lives with them because the person they put on the phone refused to give me an ID number and was not even attempting to help the situation, they just made some back handed comments before hanging up on me.  Prashanth ID number 862178 was the worst of all. Previous to calling prashanth i personally called fedex to find that my package was being shipped their standard ground rate when it was supposed to be over nighted.  Fedex told me that if a person from dell called and changed the shipping details they would get it to me the next day.  While on the phone with prashanth he proceeded to place me on hold while he "spoke with fedex" I am pretty positive he was just laughing at me being on hold while occasionally making sure i was still holding because as soon as we hung up i called fedex and a man named mario hernandez assured me that nobody from dell ever called and it would be in their system if they did. mario told me that he would have absolutely no problem speaking to anyone from dell management to back up my claims that the multiple dell employees that told me they called fedex for me never even attempted to reach out to them.  Delsuz ID number 646354 didn't do anything too terrible but the entire time on the phone with him I was just telling him I wanted to speak to a manager and he did everything possible to not let me.  Shasha ID number 224563 would not let me speak to his manager, time and time again he just told me that nobody was above him.  When i said you are literally the first level of management there has to be someone above you because i am positive you are not the CEO of Dell he hung up on me.  My first few calls were about my PC getting shipped at the slowest possible option fedex has even though i chose the fastest option that dell offers.  My calls swiftly shifted into trying to make a complaint because of the terrible customer service where I was flat out being lied to and ignored.  15 of the 16 dell employees i spoke to didn't even treat me like a human being.  I was assured over and over again that the service i received was not the normal at dell.  When Kazimi is the only person out of 16 that was nice I feel I had a very large sample size to see the norm of dells customer service.  Every single employee confirmed my phone number at the start of the call so all had it meanwhile i never once received a call back after countless calls supposedly "dropped" due to connectivity issues.  I think it is just flat out dishonest to give 3 separate options for shipping when the fastest of the 3 options is what fedex deems their "slowest money saver option".  This complaint went from a dishonest company not following up on their shipping promises to a large number of employees just flat out treating the customer like garbage and not even attempting to help.  The way they handle business is to just tell the customer they will do whatever it takes to rectify the situation and then not even attempt to do so.  You can look at the recordings i never once used a bad word and most of the times were saying "just please give me a manager, you cant help me please give me a manager" and being hung up on over and over.  And on the "how can we approve" option on the bottom I selected everything including over.  The "other" thing 95% of your employees can improve on is to just attempt to even act like decent human beings.

Now comes experience number 2 where I did not learn from my previous mistake and ordered from Alienware again.  I ordered 2 monitors on the 1st that were shipped out on the 4th with expedited shipping.  On the 7th I thought to myself "well i guess this is happening again" and called fedex.  Fedex assured me that the packages would arrive by the end of the week and were being shipped at their standard rate.  So once again even after choosing one of Dells faster shipping options it is getting shipped at fedex base rate.  So i call Dell and was hung up on by the first person i spoke to after they said i would be transferred.  The second person i spoke to was DHeeraj ID number 119386 who just hung up after i explained the situation.  I then spoke with Mamdini ID 1236393 who spent the entire call telling me fedex was lying and was trying to pass the blame.  Mamdini then told me they would have a supervisor call me by the end of the day.  It is now the next day with no phone call which was expected considering Dells level of customer service.  It has now been 4 days and I still have not received my 2 day package and I am sure i have another few days of this ahead of me.

So anyone that stayed long enough to read this long rant can see the level of service provided by Dell.  I cannot believe a large company is run this way with little to no care about the customer.  I am also shocked that they get away with having multiple shipping options that are all the same basic fedex package as that seems to somehow be illegal in some way.  But now my rant is over I hope my terrible experience somehow helps someone else avoid this and choose another company.  I love Dells products and this is my 4th Aleinware PC in the last 10 years but I don't think I will ever be able to buy a product from them again just simply to avoid the huge headache of their customer service depertment.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

No response received

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: No response received

i did reply all you asked for was my service tag/ order number which i gave in the private message so please don't put up public messages as if I am not complying with you.  thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: No response received

Im thinking to buy alienware the bundle one 19 but thinking twice or thrice. Coz i tried to call the customer service and ask how many cooling fan of of the video card nvdia rtx2080 they said two, when i ask "how come in the nvidia they have 3".  So then the agent said "3 then". So scary to buy a $5-6kaud when people dont know what they are doing or saying. I really want an aurora. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Long read Dell experience

So because I am apparently a huge glutton for punishment I ordered from dell yet again. Due to the problems I had stated above they offered me 10% off another product.  On August 12th I ordered speakers with 2 day shipping.  It is now August 24 and I called asking about the speakers and was told they should arrive on October 2nd. When I asked why and if there was a way to get them faster I was told “well we can cancel that one and order something else that may arrive faster”.  Apparently the only solution dell has for them having a 2 month delay on delivering an item is “hey why don’t we cancel that one and you can try again”. I’m not sure why I gave dell so many chances it has gotten to the point where I no longer just consider them to be bad at their jobs, they are just bad people that don’t even attempt to do a proper job.  I highly recommend nobody ever does any sort of business with dell as this is by far the absolute worst company in existence.  At this point I can’t believe they are still in business considering with 4 separate orders they could not figure out how to ship the products some of which were literally not within a month of the delivery date stated at purchase.  I for the life of me can not understand how they can say it is not intentional to be off the given delivery date by over a month multiple times.  Worst company ever and they should all feel bad for themselves for just flat out being bad humans.

0 Kudos