Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

May 8th, 2021 16:00

AW2521HFA, loud pitch noise

I have a loud pitch noise from my AW2521HFA when my computer is in sleep mode and the AW2521HFA is off. Does anyone have the same problem and how do I fix this?

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

May 9th, 2021 16:00

High pitched noise from a monitor in sleep mode is not normal.  You can try doing a factory reset and swapping cables/plugging it into a different outlet.  If that doesn't work, you should contact Dell about an advanced exchange replacement under their basic 3 year warranty which would come standard with that monitor (AW2521HF)if purchased in the US (don't know about your location).  

4 Posts

May 15th, 2021 16:00

I contacted Dell but they dont want to replace it or repair it, because they cant hear the pitch noise on the video I send them. But in real life u can hear it  clearly and its pretty irritating. So are there any other things I can do to fix this?

4 Posts

May 15th, 2021 18:00

I have a loud pitch noise from my AW2521HFA when my computer is in sleep mode and the AW2521HFA is off.

Does anyone have the same problem and how do I fix this?

I contacted Dell but they don't want to replace it or repair it, because they can't hear the pitch noise on the video I send them. But in real life, you can hear it clearly and it's pretty irritating. So are there any other things I can do to fix this? H ere is the link to the audio recording. Dell says: "in the audio file, there is nothing that could hear.".

4 Posts

May 15th, 2021 18:00

https://drive.google.com/file/d/145o3uTCNNetayhGXIxZ6Upyj1qkb_9-a/view?usp=sharing

here's the link to the audio recording. Dell says: "in the audio file, there is nothing that could hear." 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

May 15th, 2021 20:00

A monitor hardware issue isn't something you can typically fix on your own, the monitor hardware isn't user serviceable. 

Yeah one of the benefits of modern camera phones is that they are great at eliminating background noise and focusing on voice sound, which is what 99% of users want. 

It might help if you remove the phone case or any covering, point the mic at the source of the sound, and place it as close as possible to the sound, maybe include a decibel reader to show the sound level.  If if you have a different/older recording device that picks up everything that might help too.  

November 17th, 2021 23:00

I just noticed that noise as well. Same monitor, AW2521HFA and a high pitched noise (probably coil whine) when the monitor is on. The noise disappears when the monitior is off or in standby. I personally can't live with this noise, now that I know it is there, I can't focus on anything else. Googling this issue I found several people with AW2521 monitors dealing with this exact issue. This isn't acceptable.

No Events found!