Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2022 13:00

AW3423DW, Pixel Auto Warning Message missing, #2

I got an AW3423DW and can’t disable the auto warning pop up about pixel refresh, it’s disruptive to workflow and video games. The manual says there’s an option to disable it, but on my settings menu it is absent. Here’s what mine looks like with the missing option. 

4CD1925C-2F7A-4E06-AFDC-D3F09DC788D1.jpeg

The manual shows this SHOULD be there with this photo below

D0D6DE9F-987C-4FEC-9FB5-45D78DC8CF9A.jpeg

• Firmware M0B101 is on my monitor.
  • Manufactured in Jan 2022 according to looking up the serial #.
  • Drivers are up to date according to the support page.
  • There is no firmware update on the website.
  • Dell display manager does not support this monitor.
  • Connecting the USB to the monitor and opening Alienware command center doesn’t fetch an update either (the software doesn’t work with this monitor 90% of the time though).

Any recommendations?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 19th, 2022 08:00

The current online AW3423DW User's Guide (revision A01, April 2022) shows the Menu options for AW3423DW firmware versions NEWER than M0B101.

M0B101 never had the "Menu- Others- OLED Panel Maintenance- Auto Warning Message = On/Off" option.

On newer firmware AW3423DW, even if you set “Menu- Others- OLED Panel Maintenance- Auto Warning Message = Off”, if the accumulated usage time exceeds 4 hours, Pixel Refresh will be activated automatically when the monitor goes into Standby mode and/or if you press the power button.

The Displays Team stated that the AW3423DW firmware cannot be upgraded by customers. This is why you do not see any firmware updates or a firmware update guide on the AW3423DW drivers page.

8 Posts

May 18th, 2022 17:00

That has no solution and is in the desktop section, seeing if anyone in the monitor arena has some clues.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

May 19th, 2022 05:00

There is currently no solution available for this issue.

210 Posts

May 19th, 2022 08:00

I found two User's Guides for this monitor. The first one in February and the other in April. The one in February version A00 does not show the auto warning option. It's the April version A01 that does. You have the early version monitor. The other Dell web site documents are dated Feb. 17th but they crushed the early Feb. feb_2022_ A00.jpgfeb_version.jpgmanual.

8 Posts

May 19th, 2022 09:00

So is there anything I can do to mitigate this? The pop up is very disruptive, and even the physical manual that shipped with the monitor is the newer one that has the disable option. Seems ridiculous that there is a Dell Display Manager utility and it doesn’t support this flagship monitor to update firmware.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

May 19th, 2022 10:00

I would say there is nothing you can do as far as disabling the pop-up.

8 Posts

May 19th, 2022 12:00

That’s some rotten engineering work to not allow the user to update firmware. That is a basic function in current day electronics.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

May 20th, 2022 03:00

I am not disagreeing with that. Even my $399 home theater amplifier receives firmware updates.

I don't understand it either why such a high cost electronic component has no ability to upgrade the firmware.

8 Posts

May 21st, 2022 10:00

For ANYONE ELSE with this same issue. I filled out a support ticket, and Dell said they’ll send me out a new monitor because they consider this one faulty. They seem committed to not allowed user-end firmware updates for some reason.

14 Posts

May 30th, 2022 05:00

This wouldn't be so bad if the monitor did what the pop-up says it's supposed to do, i.e. run the pixel refresh whenever the monitor is shut down (or goes to sleep), but instead it insists on running it when it's actually in-use, and then turns it off! How does such a major usability issue even make it through QA/testing?

8 Posts

June 16th, 2022 20:00

I ordered a AW3423DW monitor right when they became available. Got it, looked great, had faulty firmware (M0B101, confirmed faulty by dell engineering). The issue being every few hours, and auto warning popup displays recommending a pixel refresh. Manual (revision A01, April 2022) says there is an option to disable it, and on this firmware that option does not exist. Long time of waiting for dell to send me my replacement. Got it today.  SAME FAULTY FIRMWARE VERSION AND SAME ANNOYING POPUP. CANNOT DISABLE.

I am at a loss for words Dell. Seriously, let users do their own firmware updates because it seems your team can't figure it out on their own. New service tag: , manufactured March 2022.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

June 17th, 2022 06:00

Firmware updates for this monitor are not supported. I would get another replacement....

No Events found!