Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

24 Posts

November 11th, 2022 16:00

AW3423DW, packaging causing permanent damage to screen

My AW3423DW was packaged in a way that leaves permanent on the screens coating. Mine was shipped without a protective peel off film on the screen. Instead, bubble wrap is taped to the screen. During transit, the direct contact with the screen leave scuffs and smudges on the screen.

A quick search for AW3423DW screen marks will lead you to several examples of this. A small number of customers appear to have been shipped replacements and many of those also have marks, due to the packaging still lacking a protective film.

There also seems to be no practical way to review my product and try to make more would be consumers aware of this issue. A review cannot be left from the website user portal from the "my products" lift and the Dell "Alienware connect" app in the Microsoft store cannot be downloaded.

24 Posts

December 8th, 2022 15:00

Without knowing the full production process it is hard to say who is more responsible.  However, people point the finger at the bubble wrap because the marks leave a pattern matching the bubble placement.  It's hard to see in pictures, but viewed in person you can see the marks line up with the grid pattern of the bubble sheet that was on the screen.

Blame could lay with both parties.  See links below for specs.  Dell says there is a "Anti-reflective" coating on the screen.  Likely "anti-glare 3H".  I do not know if this is applied by Samsung or Dell.  The marks are likely abrasions of this coating cause by movement during shipping.  Obviously plastic bubble wrap is not hard enough to damage a glass surface.  So the marks are spots were the coating was rubbed off.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-34-curved-qd-oled-gaming-monitor-aw3423dw/apd/210-bcye/monitors-monitor-accessories#techspecs_section

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/ba9029df

24 Posts

December 21st, 2022 08:00

I also have yet to find a way to leave a dell.com review for the aw3423dw. There is now option to review my products when I am logged into the dell.com portal and none of the Alienware/Dell customer software is available for download from the Microsoft store. If any can point me in the right direction to post a review of the aw3423dw I'd appreciate it.  I've reached out to Dell multiple times but they remain silent.

24 Posts

December 21st, 2022 10:00

Can anyone tell me how to leave a product review for my AW3423DW on the Dell website? There is no option to review monitor from my products list when I am logged into the Dell.com portal. The Alienware/Dell customer software are also unavailable for download from the Microsoft store. I've found no practical way to leave my review and my question on how to do this was removed from the product page.

24 Posts

December 22nd, 2022 12:00

Has this app been discontinued?  Is there no other review method?

wood78_0-1671741815958.png

24 Posts

December 23rd, 2022 07:00

How do I leave a review for my AW3423DW? The Alienware and Dell customer connect app cannot be downloaded from the Microsoft store. How are customers supposed to leave feedback on the products they have purchased? I should be able to post a review on the product page.

No Events found!