Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 6th, 2018 00:00

Aurora R6, power supply fan not working

Hi all!
Anyone help me my Alienware Aurora r6 power supply fan not working.
Is it default not work or it works when it gets hot or something?

But it can open normally only FAN Power supply not working. 

Help me plz!
Thanks,

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 19th, 2018 10:00

Hi @Ghost_Cyber,

It only works when necessary, also, some other PSUs are "passive" meaning: no fan. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 6th, 2018 20:00

The Hunkey-850w Power-Supply in my Aurora-R6 had a bad fan, so Dell replaced it with a Delta-made 850w. It's been working fine for a year now.

I never saw either fan ever "not turn" or stop turning ... ever.

Sounds like a bad fan or power-supply.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-General/Alienware-Aurora-R6-clicking-noise/td-p/5519394

3 Posts

November 9th, 2019 13:00

Are you sure.  I just had technician paid for by Dell install a new power supply.  The new one only spins when the system has load on it.  I asked the technician if that is normal, he said he thinks so.  II would be nice to know that there is no problem with the new power supply.

2.2K Posts

November 9th, 2019 15:00

Snap a photo of the PSU especially the label with the details on it and post it here.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

November 9th, 2019 19:00

"The new one only spins when the system has load on it.  I asked the technician if that is normal, he said he thinks so.  II would be nice to know that there is no problem with the new power supply."

@Styx_Ray

This is a good thing if the fan spins lower or turns off when not under load.  It means you have auto speed control (maybe an upgrade over older models?)  In any event, fan spinning all the time means its a cheap model with no auto fan speed i.e., speed cannot be controlled by PSU, you're always running hot, or there's a problem with the psu (e.g. temp sensor, old, etc.)

No Events found!