Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

82 Posts

December 29th, 2020 18:00

Alienware OC controls Infinite Loading Alienware OC Controls Application 1.3.11.1300, A00

Hello i have an Alienware Area 51 R5, and cant use OC controls, it has this Infinite Loading, i also have 2 Laptop M15 R2 that have the same problem, i have tried almost everything and cant get them to work, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the AWCC and OC controls numerous times using "Revo Uninstaller", i have clean the registry and i think that the problems is with this Version 1.1.11.1300, because the problem is in the Pc and Laptops, also it keeps asking me to install OCCcontrols every time i open the AWCC, can you give me some advice how to fix this, i am out of ideas ??awcc oc problems 1.jpgawcc oc problems 2.jpg

15 Posts

January 3rd, 2021 06:00

Further info... The OC.Control log files seems to have a lot of these messages:

2020-12-16 21:33:11.118 (Program.cs) (104): System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at OCControl.Program.Run()
2020-12-16 21:33:21.127 (Program.cs) (104): System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
2020-12-16 21:33:32.133 (Program.cs) (104): System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
2020-12-16 21:44:19.623 (Program.cs) (104): System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
2020-12-16 21:44:21.607 (Program.cs) (134): System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OverclockingService' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OCControl.Services.OverclockingControl' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Intel.Overclocking.SDK.Tuning.TuningLibrary.SetSuspendRestoreOptions(Boolean restoreBootValueAtSuspend, List`1 restoreExcludeControlList)
at OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager.IntelCpuTuner..ctor(IIntelOverclockingLibrary lib)
at OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager.Initialize()
at OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager.get_MaxProfiles()
at OCControl.Services.OverclockingControl..cctor()
at OCControl.Services.OverclockingControl.add_LogTelemetry(Action`1 value)
at OCControl.Program.OverclockingService..cctor()
at OCControl.Program.OverclockingService.Start()
2020-12-16 21:44:21.980 (Program.cs) (157): System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OverclockingService' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OCControl.Services.OverclockingControl' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Intel.Overclocking.SDK.Tuning.TuningLibrary.SetSuspendRestoreOptions(Boolean restoreBootValueAtSuspend, List`1 restoreExcludeControlList)
at OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager.IntelCpuTuner..ctor(IIntelOverclockingLibrary lib)
at OCControl.Program.OverclockingService.Stop()
2020-12-16 21:44:24.606 (Program.cs) (104): System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
2020-12-16 21:44:26.527 (Program.cs) (134): System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OverclockingService' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OCControl.Services.OverclockingControl' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OCControl.Services.Overclocking.ProfileManager' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at OCControl.Program.OverclockingService.Start()

15 Posts

January 3rd, 2021 06:00

Yep, same issue here. I reverted back to Alienware-OC-Controls-Application_PC67F_WIN64_1.3.0.1239_A00.EXE and this works for me. At this stage my Dell Support and I have agreed to wait until the next version is released rather than spend too much time on this version. Version 1.3.0.1239 works fine.

82 Posts

January 3rd, 2021 08:00

Hello that is exactly the same error in my log file. Its very disapointing that Dell officially does not inform its customers about this problem. I am going to try other versions and see if one works, let you know if some one works.

82 Posts

January 5th, 2021 19:00

I installed the older version , now OCCSERVICES tries to load but cant connect, keeps loading and closing. I am going to keep trying uintil this thing works, Dell Support is nowhere to be seen.

15 Posts

January 5th, 2021 22:00

It's working for me so consider this info:

1. I have an Alienware Area 51m notebook.
  2. I'm currently running the latest Alienware Command Center Alienware-Command-Center-Application_X9C8Y_WIN_5.2.100.0_A00.EXE. Don't uninstall ACC unless you don't mind losing all your gaming settings. Version Alienware-Command-Center-Application_09DV0_WIN_5.2.97.0_A00.EXE should be okay to run too.
  3. For me the OC Controls do not activate fully until exactly 5.0 minutes after boot. Use task manager to check uptime and then run ACC to check AOCC has started properly.

This is how I installed the previous AOCC Alienware-OC-Controls-Application_PC67F_WIN64_1.3.0.1239_A00.EXE:

1. Uninstall current AOCC using Windows Control Panel Uninstall a program.
  2. Reboot system
  3. If not automatic, activate internet connection
  4. Install Alienware-OC-Controls-Application_PC67F_WIN64_1.3.0.1239_A00.EXE and select reboot system when asked to do so.
  5. After reboot, activate internet connection.
  6. Wait 5.0 minutes to pass by watching uptime in Task Manager
  7. Run ACC to see if AOCC has started up properly.

If AOCC not running properly, I'd try steps 5-7 again without changing anything. I had to do this once as AOCC did not fire up the first time in one of my many test runs.

I still have Dell Premium Support, so they get back to me very quickly. Their preference (and mine) is to use the older version seeing that it works and wait for the next release of AOCC and see if that resolves the issue.

I hope this helps you.

15 Posts

January 6th, 2021 02:00

Further comment... does seem weird that the OC Controls only seem to startup better while connected to the internet. Does not always start when not connected. This software should not require internet access to do what it does at all. One thing to check for updates, another not to work at all.

82 Posts

January 8th, 2021 19:00

Hello i finally got it to work  OC Controls 1.1.11.1300 A00,

As you mentioned i had to open "OCCcontolservices.exe" manually, you have to do it in my case many times, until eventually stays open and the infinite Loading stops.

I opend "Command Center" it will ask you to install "OCC controls" just ignore it, it is already installed, what happens is that "OCCcontolservices.exe" does not start or starts and then closes, you need to let "Command Center" opened and check your "task manager" to see if "OCCcontolservices.exe" has not closed or is opening and closing.

You need to wait and in case it closes, you have to run it manually from the folder : C:\Program Files\Alienware\Alienware Command Center\OCControlService , as many times as needed.

Its incredible that Dell has not fixed this program i have the same problems in 2 (M15 R2) and in this PC (Area 51 R5), you start to wonder why you keep buying Alienware Products, but it is what it is.

I hope this helps others, Regards and good luck.

15 Posts

January 14th, 2021 05:00

Hey,

Tried the new Alienware-Command-Center-Application_J4MMM_WIN_5.2.106.0_A00.EXE and Alienware-OC-Controls-Application_FH3TC_WIN64_1.3.13.1300_A00.EXE that was just released. Still has the same issue, but it will eventually start. I notice that just opening AWCC seems to initiate the running of OCControl.Service.exe without the need to run it manually. AWCC will try running OCControl.Service.exe about 10-12 times before giving up. Restarting AWCC seems to start another 10-12 cycles. The main error in the log still seems to be the following on every cycle that fails:

2021-01-15 00:29:54.042 (Program.cs) (104): System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified

15 Posts

January 14th, 2021 06:00

Woo hoo!

I have solved this issue for me on my Alienware Area 51m notebook. I went into the services editor and noticed that the startup type for AWCCService was set to "Automatic (Delayed Start)". I changed this to "Automatic" so that it starts ASAP during boot. The OCControl.Service.exe now starts first time every time and AWCC with OC Control is available for use within about 15sec after boot. See if this works for you to confirm that this is a fix for other system types.

Fingers crossed!

82 Posts

January 14th, 2021 07:00

Hello installed the new Command Center and OC controls and i have still the same issue, it only dtarts manual, can you tell me or put some pictures on step by step on how to change in Service manager the delay start, it will be apreciated. Regards.

210 Posts

January 14th, 2021 09:00

The delayed start is there for a reason. This delay is small and only present at the window Startup.

It's there probably so it will not interfere or it needs to wait for other services, win 10.

The delay involves. Awcc background service, awcc service, awcc.exe and others

As I said before there is two parts to this process you have one set that comes from the Microsoft

store. You can find the reference in drive c:\ ProgramFiles\WindowsApps or if you login your

Microsoft store you will find all the " installed apps."

I don't know why they use two sets it could be data collection or controls. That would be the reason for the ping on Microsoft servers.

Every time the OC service is started  tries to ping and that is why ,if it does it too many times or fails to connect or the  other apps have not started , in my opinion It will be rejected and you are stuck with the spinning balls. The only option I found for that is to restart windows.

Application dependencies

AWCC.Background.Server…. depends on AWCC.Service.exe …  origin C:\Program Files\Alienware\Alienware Command Center\AWCC.Background.Server.exe

AWCC.Service….depends on  services.exe    origin  C:\Program Files\Alienware\Alienware Command Center\AWCC.Service.exe

AWCC.exe……..  depends on  svchost.exe     origin  c:\program Files\WindowsApps\DellInc.AlienwareCommandCenter_5.2.106.0_x64__htrsf667h5kn2\AWCC.exe

GameLibrary.AppService depends on RuntimeBroker.exe  origin  C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DellInc.AlienwareCommandCenter_5.2.106.0_x64__htrsf667h5kn2\GameLibrary\GameLibraryAppService.exe

Runtime Broker (DellInc.AlienwareCommandCenter_5.2.106.0_x64__htrsf667h5kn2)

So the awcc you see in task manager is the apps store version

With the new version I rarely use the manual start. Once started there is no delay.

OcControlservice.jpg

15 Posts

January 14th, 2021 17:00

The "Automatic (Delayed Start)" has nothing to do with AWCC.Service.exe being dependent on other services to start first. This is a Window feature to improve the boot process. Anything that is important and needs to be started at boot is tagged as "Automatic". Anything else that does not care when it starts is tagged as "Automatic (Delayed Start)". This prevents everything from starting at once and bottlenecking the CPU at boot. Windows then chooses to start these delayed process at some consistent random time later. For me the AWCC.Service.exe isn't started until about 2min 15sec after boot. To me this seems way too late for such an important service.

If a service has dependencies, these will be registered with the service and Windows will make sure services are started in the correct order. AWCC.Service.exe does not have any formal dependencies listed with the Windows registry. However, it is the AWCC.Service.exe that initiates all the other services you mentioned except for the Windows App related stuff. To me the Windows App related stuff is purely related to the AWCC GUI elements and gaming profiles and has nothing to do with the actual management of the underlying hardware. This is what the AWCC.Service.exe does. All AWCC.Service.exe requires is that all the hardware device drivers are running correctly (CPU, GPU, Audio) and these are initiated very early in the boot process. The Audio drivers can sometimes take time to load fully.

For my situation and starting AWCC.Service.exe as "Automatic", I no longer get any errors in the OCControl.Service.Logs. All looks good. Even testing the OC Controls just after boot (about 60sec after) with MSI Kombustor and checking that the correct overclocking or non-overclocking settings that I have selected are being used... all looks great. Further checking of the Overclocking.Logs and the Thermal.Logs all looks good too. Previously I had to wait 5.0min before I could run the MSI Kombustor tests as the OC Controls took that long to start correctly. Now I have full hardware control about 15sec after boot.

163 Posts

January 17th, 2021 09:00

Just a note with Alienware Command Center /  OC Controls & AMD' Ryzen Master Utility Program breaking when new Alienware OC Controls installed in the Alienware Command Center.

After some trouble-shoooting and another user indicating that they got updated OC controls to work with AMD's Ryzen Master over-clocking utility - here is what I did to fix it:

1.) Un-installed AMD's Ryzen Master and reboot.

2.) Download and Installed Alienware OC Controls from Dell's website instead of doing it through the Alienware Command Center when it complains that OC controls need to be updated. - Reboot again.

3.) Run Alienware Command Center and make sure I see thermal & OC Controls available... Check, all good but sometimes the Alienware Command Center will think it needs to update OC Controls again, even though the latest have been downloaded from Dell's website & installed manually.

4.) Download and install the latest AMD Ryzen Master over-clocking utility from AMD's website.

AMD Ryzen Master Utility now works!

Note 1: Noticed AMDRyzenMaster.dll file in the C:\Program Files\Alienware\Alienware Command Center\OCControlService directory... I am thinking this needs to be in sync with AMD's Ryzen Master Utility... So in a few months from now if I update the Alienware Controls again and a newer AMDRyzenMaster.dll file is installed, I may have to un-install AMD's Ryzen Master again and download and install a new version to keep everything in sync.

Note 2: Alienware Control Center still randomly complains that it needs to update OC Controls even though the latest are installed!

*** Hope this info helps anyone who uses AMD's Ryzen Master Utility with the Alienware R10

15 Posts

January 17th, 2021 21:00

P.S. Doh! Can't install AMD Ryzen Master as I don't have an AMD CPU processor (I have an Intel i7-9700). However, I thought it might let me configure my AMD Radeon RTX 2080 GPU even though my base processor is not AMD.

15 Posts

January 17th, 2021 21:00

P.S. By the way, have you ever used the MSI Afterburner software? Curious as to whether users are using this on Dell systems.

No Events found!