Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

February 7th, 2018 02:00

Alienware area 51 r4 boot loop cycle

Hi all 

I received my new alienware Area 51 R4 intel i7 7800x 02/10/2017 and system has worked brilliant up until the 26th of December 2017, I was video editing on my go pro and the systems fan seemed to kick in and it crashed!! it tried to reboot but got the windows blue screen of death, this continued in a boot cycle for hours couldn't seem to get the system to boot past the alienware screen. I contacted dell as soon as possible, this was the holiday season and they got into contact with me. I spoke to a technician on the phone to resolve the issue unfortunately the issue couldn't be resolved. The person then said he would get one of his colleagues to get into contact with me as soon as possible which they did and arranged a technician to come round and resolve the issue. The technician was supposed to come round on 08/01/2018 i took the day off for the technician so i knew somebody was home to let him in and do his job, later that day i received a phone call approximately 3:45 telling me that the technician wouldn't be able to make it as the part has not arrived! ( I took a day off unpaid) A phone call in the morning would of been nice so i could of gone to work, They rescheduled another appointment for the 15/01/2018 this time the technician turned up, only to not resolve the issue and damage my system, the technician then said dell would be in contact within the next couple of days to resolve the outstanding issue.

Dell/Alienware team then contacted me and were very apologetic for the issues with the system they then offered me a replacement system or full refund with a 15% discount on dell products (which i thought was handy because i wanted a new alienware monitor) I continued with the trust of the alienware team to replace my system as i have a few of there product as it stands and genuinely love all the products they make. The then contacted me to say the i7 7800X is no longer available in the UK market and have exchanged it for 1900x threadripper instead which i was happy to do, This was due on 30th of January, on the day i receive an email letting me know my order was cancelled, (heart broken) I proceeded to contact dell to find out what was happening, they got back into contact with me and said they have taken the replacement system of the market due to software issue and then sent me another order with another new system, I read the new order to find out the have exchanged my 1500w psu to a 850w psu , with this in knowledge i then contacted dell again to find out what was happing!!!

I then asked of a price difference between the 1500w psu to the 850w psu and asked that i was refunded the difference and i wanted my warranty extended for the duration i haven't been able to use my system to.

In conclusion i have not received any of this!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 7th, 2018 15:00

Hi @NicholsJ,

We're very sorry for all the bad experience you've had so far. Please send me a PM with the Service Tag so I can review your case. 

2 Posts

February 8th, 2018 08:00

I cant seem to pm you,

I have received a date for the replacement area 51, Which is eta 22/02/2018!! That's nearly 2 months without a system and with no extension of my warranty neither. The 15 percent discount they gave me as compensation wasn't valid to use on want i wanted to purchase anyway!!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 9th, 2018 14:00

Go to the Messages icon at the top right corner and select new/create message. 

No Events found!