Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

February 15th, 2019 14:00

Area-51 R?, crashed and won’t complete booting

My computer crashed and it said dpc_watchdog_violation. Now it gets to the Alienware boot screen and says preparing automatic repair, but after like 2 seconds, it either shuts off and restarts this or freezes.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 15th, 2019 19:00

If machine passes ePSA (outside of Windows) ...

... I think at that point I would try a clean Windows install from genuine Microsoft disc or (microsoft.com made) flash drive media .

This is a serious error and might have something to do with your HDD/SSD (hardware or software drivers). Be sure you are clean-installing to a 100% working HDD/SSD.

3 Posts

February 15th, 2019 20:00

@Tesla1856Wrote:

@Tesla1856 wrote:

If machine passes ePSA (outside of Windows) ...

... I think at that point I would try a clean Windows install from genuine Microsoft disc or (microsoft.com made) flash drive media .

I never got a disk like that I only got two and one is drivers and documentation for the monitor and the other is a Alienware Area 51 R2 resource dvd 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@Alexbogue wrote:

I never got a disk like that I only got two and one is drivers and documentation for the monitor and the other is a Alienware Area 51 R2 resource dvd 

Then you were suppose to create your own Dell Recovery flash-drive (while the system was new and working).

Read this carefully.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Aurora-R7-M-2-NVMe-bootable-options/m-p/6073081/highlight/true#M3401

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

What version of Windows came on your machine?

What version of Windows are you trying to clean-Install ?

If you are still allowed to, and it's free ... are you ready to install to Windows-10 64bit ?

3 Posts

February 16th, 2019 10:00

@Tesla1856 wrote:

What version of Windows came on your machine?

What version of Windows are you trying to clean-Install ?

If you are still allowed to, and it's free ... are you ready to install to Windows-10 64bit ?

I’ve had windows 10 since I got it it installed it for free. So I think it would be windows 10 that I would be trying to clean install. 

No Events found!