Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

April 8th, 2020 05:00

Area-51 R2, power button/logo LED won't turn blue

Cleaning up an Alienware Area-51 R2, everything's working so far. But the Alienware logo / power button color LED seems to be missing blue. So for example, at the default teal theme the button is green. If I set it to blue, it is barely visible. Anyone know how easy this is to fix? Not a deal breaker, don't really mind being limited to red and green combinations. But before I close everything up I figure I should see if it's a quick fix or not.

Pulled the logo board, and it looks like the issue is with all four LEDs. This would seem to indicate a controller failure, but not sure where (which board) it's on.

April 26th, 2020 12:00

Might just want to buy a new logo board then. The Dell PN is 08248K. You can find them on eBay for pretty cheap. https://www.ebay.com/itm/163844964749

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

April 26th, 2020 13:00

I am just curious where the 4 led connections connect to from the logo board? I do not find it on the FIO or motherboard? I only see two led connection on FIO for L/R side panel.

April 26th, 2020 14:00

One of the connectors goes to the FIO, theres a led module and button for the alien head, and the other 4 are for the two strips on the front. Theres two leds per strip on the top and bottom. 

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

May 15th, 2020 00:00

Thank you. Very helpful.

No Events found!