ArupRSRNY
1 Copper

Area-51 R5, RAM upgrade to 128GB?

I've been running advanced simulations on my Area-51 R5, some of which take a huge amount of RAM. I've got the Area-51 R5 with Intel Xeon i9-7980XE CPU and (currently) 64GB RAM. Is is it possible to upgrade this to 128GB RAM? Will I have compatibility issues with the motherboard? Will it require 4x32GB format, or would I be able to get away with 8x16GB?

The PC is the Area 51-R5 with two GTX 1080ti's running in SLI. I purchased it this year. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Area-51 R5 RAM Upgrade to 128GB

Hi @ArupRSRNY

This is the validated RAM for your system:

Therefore, the maximum is 64 GB, you can try more RAM but we can not guarantee functionality.

Let's wait and see if any other user who has already tried can give their input.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
PepeVV
1 Copper

Hi,

I have pretty much the same system. But with a i9-9900x and GTX2080 ti

Can I use these DDR4 DIMMs ? :
HyperX Predator 32 GB DDR4-3200
HX432C16PB3K4/32

(Quad channel)

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Hi @PepeVV,

It is not an official RAM so we can't guarantee functionality.

Let's wait to see if maybe another user who has already tried it, can give you more information.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos