Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

December 7th, 2022 17:00

Aurora R11, boot loops when case is closed

So my pc started boot looping, I opened it and took the ram out and tested each stick individually. While the pc was open both sticks worked just fine, but when I close the case it boot loops again and it won’t resolve unless I take the ram back out and redo it. For more context it’s a Alienware aroura r11 and the side panel swings out and contains the power supply, the rest of the components are inside the other side of the case. When I close that side panel is when the problem occurs.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

December 7th, 2022 17:00

post some photos of the inside of your rig

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 7th, 2022 18:00

It looks like any Aurora since Aurora-R5 (but later ones have rounder outer case). I have an Aurora-R6.

It looks like the side case panel pops-off similar to mine.

I think what you are talking about is the power-supply arm. Not something you want to be messing with a lot. It's permanently chassis grounded (so that's not an issue). My guesses are:

a. One of the modular plugs on the back-side of the power-supply is kinked (so make sure that all have a bit of slack during its complete travel).

b. One of the modular plugs is not connected properly (re-seat them all).

c. When fully folded in, be sure PS and/or arm-bracket is not touching anything or pinching any wires.

d. Check all wires and cable harnesses for scratched or bare wires. 

No Events found!