Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 24th, 2022 05:00

Aurora R10, SA update, front fan issue

Hello,

I replaced the front fan with 2 ML120's when I purchased the PC back in August. I got a Support Assist update this morning (6/24), ran a hardware test and it is now failing the Front Fan. I have been monitoring the Fan Speed and the speeds and temps are still perfect.

Any suggestions? thanks.

Fan FRONT FAN Fans - Functional Tests FAILURE

3070 - 5800x - 32gb 

Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition​ R10

1 Message

June 24th, 2022 06:00

Same exact issues here.  Started this morning at 7:30 AM Central when I updated SupportAssist and updated my bios.  The fans appear to be working perfectly.  I've been monitoring my temps.  The SupportAssist app made me log a service request with a technician.  If I am contacted, I don't want to waste anyone's time with a repair because my hardware is functioning properly.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

June 24th, 2022 05:00

This is typical when replacing OEM fans with retail fans. These systems are very picky when it comes to fan support, and there are only a few aftermarket fan specific models that do not throw an error.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

The Corsair fans that do not throw the startup error are ML120 PRO (no LED, no RGB) . . . but that is typically for the R11 & R12 models. The R10 preferred the Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans for error free startup. Of course this is always a moving target, as results can change with every new BIOS update.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

I think if you hold down the ESC key when powering up it will skip the startup diagnostic test . . . as a temporary fix. What fans did you install, and where?

No Events found!