Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2021 17:00

Aurora R11, AWCC.Background.Service takes over a CPU core

A reinstall will fix this until I restart, and then it always comes back, no matter what I do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AWCC multiple times. Also. AWCC.exe will just start taking over my RAM until it controls many gigabytes so there seems to be a memory leak here. The software that comes with this computer can't be this bad? Is there something I can try to make things work the way they should?

6 Posts

January 22nd, 2021 23:00

Hi, I think I solved this issue by updating components within AWCC. It was asking for admin so it could update, and I didn't notice it going to the windows notification area thing. I had updated it multiple times so I'm not sure why it's working now but I'm glad it is!

568 Posts

January 23rd, 2021 05:00

Thanks for the info @isomorph_ , that may help me.

It is possible in some situations that these AWCC may take some processor (10-20%) constantly on a WMI process. It does seem that an uninstall/reinstall of both AWCC and Components fixes this.

I have seen this recently on my R3 due to having a A610 mouse on it requiring the new AWCC (after R4 I think) to configure the mouse and the old R3 AWCC for the case/cpu management. I have uninstalled the latest AWCC and components and my processor is back to idling and nothing on the WMI process.

I do however need to test further, I plan on reinstalling AWCC and components and see if WMI hogs some CPU when all bits are stable and running, AWCC (comes with Service) and Components installed

Just some backgound about AWCC.

AWCC runs as administrator. There is a service attached. it requires admin permissions to update components

image.png

Just a scenario to demonstrate, stop the service, close AWCC, start AWCC it will start the service and ask if you will allow it to access your computer with admin permissions. You will be back as before.

The AWCC service will automatically start when you start windows and controls and monitors your system.

AWCC is made up of three parts, the client interface, a service and another seperate software known as "Components".

The client is for changing the configuration settings, whether directly for the service without a restart, or directly into the BIOS with a restart like for changing clocks.

No Events found!