Highlighted
2 Iron

Aurora R11, HD capacity

Jump to solution

I ordered this new desktop and it comes with a 2TB SSD drive. I ordered through Amazon the 4tb SSD drive. My question is can I add another 4TB SSD drive to te 3.5-inch caddy? I will probably have to buy some kind of an adaptor if they have one, just curious. Looking for opinions. I would like to add m.2 drives but how and how big can i add them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
4 Germanium

Re: Aurora R11 HD capacity

Jump to solution

It should come with two 2.5" drive caddies, and one 3.5" caddy. The OEM SSD is m2 form factor, so it doesn't use a caddy.  The OEM dual drive option uses the 3.5" caddy for the second drive.  So regardless what you ordered, you have 2 spare 2.5" drive caddies. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I was informed that it had 2 3.5" HDD bays, so if you purchased a SSD I am guessing its a 2.5" form factor. You should be able to get a 3.5 caddy to go with it. Just ordered this too, what is your order status? Mine shows up as estimated delivery in July!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

It should come with two 2.5" drive caddies, and one 3.5" caddy. The OEM SSD is m2 form factor, so it doesn't use a caddy.  The OEM dual drive option uses the 3.5" caddy for the second drive.  So regardless what you ordered, you have 2 spare 2.5" drive caddies. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I'm going back and forth with them because I paid for the Rev 9 last Friday, and the evening of Friday I noticed Rev 11 came out. I immediately told them to switch to the new Rev 11. But I was pushing them to give to me with Windows 10 Pro, not Home edition since I'm using it for work also. So don't know when my shipping date will be.

Good luck with yours.

0 Kudos