Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Aurora R11, Heat/Noise concerns

Jump to solution

So if I were to do a push/pull configuration for the top fan, do I exhaust or intake? Also, can I replace the bottom fan with the Corsair ML120, so a total of 3 Corsair ML 120.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

@ECJoker19    So if I were to do a push/pull configuration for the top fan, do I exhaust or intake? 

Exhaust . . . hot air out the top.

Also, can I replace the bottom fan with the Corsair ML120, so a total of 3 Corsair ML 120.

You can use three ML120 Pro fans, but only one is required to be connected to the TOP FAN mobo header. The other two fans can be more quiet (Noctua) or include LED or RGB (optional).

Again, to be clear, this 'requirement' is based on Aurora R7/8/9 experience, and may not be necessary for the Aurora R11, which has a different BIOS.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, yes it is liquid cooled CPU and 1000W PSU

I opened up the side panel and root caused the sound, there are fan noises from the top fan and PSU as well but non of those are close to the level of noise made by the graphic card, I mean it was louder than my hair dryer

the CPU during long period of game is fine stays below 50c and top fan showing from AWCC is running 28% maybe, but the graphic card ... bluhhhh 84c consistenly and sooooo loud. Although FPS stays good

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

and for the record, my older build which is Aurora R8, 9700K + GTX 1080 liquid cool CPU it runs quieter than my R11, although it was unable to play Red Dead Redemption 2 1440p with 50+ average FPS so had to upgrade.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

@RoyRen 

Sounds like you have things well identified. That is too bad about the graphics card fan noise. So, if you return the Aurora R11, where do you go from  here  for you gaming pc??

0 Kudos