DrKey
2 Bronze

Aurora R11, brand new, getting a lot of BSOD

Hello, I received my R11 10 days ago and it's already highly unstable. I'm getting a lot of blue screens, especially when gaming, but also randomly on Windows start or just by navigating on internet. It was able to collect some dumps but most of the time it's not even able to do so. The monitor starts flickering then black screen after couple of seconds and I have to press the power button. Sometimes, after reboot, it doesn't even come up with the BIOS, the light on case is on but nothing happens until I press the power button to shut it down, unplug and plug the power cable, and then it boots up. I did all tests provided by Dell using SupportAssist on Windows and on boot (F12) but no errors found. All drivers are up-to-date, including BIOS.

The dumps always refer to ntoskrnl.exe which is actually the Windows kernel and, according to posts found on the internet, these problems seems to be related to hardware failures. One of these dump is showing MEMORY_MANAGEMENT as bug check string.

Could someone from Dell get in touch with me?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
r72019
5 Rhenium

Re: Aurora R11, brand new, getting a lot of BSOD

What is your RAM configuration and did you do the f12 long RAM test?

Also, try disabling all oc settings in AWCC, and also disable xmp in bios, if enabled, f2 on startup.

0 Kudos
DrKey
2 Bronze

I got 32GB 3200 MHz Hyperfury and yes I did the long RAM test, no errors found. I also tried with memtest86 on boot, it took like 6 hours and didn't find anything.

I didn't set up any overclock, not even tried to since it performs really good already (when it works). I also tried to disabled XMP memory and even Intel features (e.g. SpeedStep) but nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
7 Thorium

1. I got 32GB 3200 MHz Hyperfury

2. and yes I did the long RAM test, no errors found. I also tried with memtest86 on boot, it took like 6 hours and didn't find anything.

3. and even Intel features (e.g. SpeedStep) but nothing changed.

===========================

1. From the factory or you do that yourself?

2. Good

3. No, usually better to keep those as Default settings which should be Enabled. Actually, trying to Disable advanced Intel-CPU features on that BIOS screen just creates more problems.

Do you have machine connected to a good UPS-Battery (like an APC 1000-1350 with AVR and the LCD)?

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
7 Thorium

Press F12 on boot, and be sure it passes ePSA Diags as 100% successful.

Be sure all Over-Clocking is OFF.

Now, try normal things in Windows.

If it still crashes, look in Windows Reliability report and see what (red) critical errors are present. 

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
DrKey
2 Bronze

I did it already and I have no OC. Windows event manager just shows Kernel-Power as critical system event.

Believe me guys I'm trying everything since 5 days but I can't find the problem.

Last night I let Windows Memory diagnostic run for approximately 7 hours set to "extensive test" and when I came back the test was stuck on 1st iteration at 21%. I've read the step at 21% takes time but is it normal after 7 hours? And besides that, it was frozen and didn't react when I tried to press ESC or F1. Is it normal?

0 Kudos
markburv
4 Tellurium

hi @DrKey 

Use the computer without GPU connected to the PSU to lower power draw, if it doesn't BSOD, could be a PSU problem.

Just a wild guess in the dark from previous BSOD experiences 🤔

2 Bronze

That's a good tip, thanks! Actually I thought the same, since all tests seems to be OK, I guess it's either the PSU or the motherboard... I'll give a try.

0 Kudos
speedstep
8 Krypton

The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is a blue screen of death error name and it’s also known for its bug check value of 0x0000001A.

Due to the broken or corrupted system files, the 0x0000001a BSOD Windows 10 will appear. To fix the damaged system files, you need to utilize a utility SFC (system file checker).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corr...

The sfc /scannow admin command prompt will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir% System32dllcache. The %WinDir% placeholder represents the windows os folder.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Vanadiel
3 Zinc

Try unplugging everything externally except the monitor. Seen this before with USB devices drawing to much power, causing all kinds of issue.

0 Kudos