Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2020 16:00

Aurora R11, lights on in Sleep Mode

Brand new Aurora R11, and still figuring out a lot of stuff.  But when my PC goes into sleep mode on it's own, all the lights stay on.  If *I* put it to sleep the lights go off (as I would expect) except for the pulsing Alien head. I've been all through the Command Center but can't see any way to influence this. Thanks!

4 Posts

August 10th, 2020 12:00

Solved:  I went in Device Manager and looked at the "Wake on LAN" setting (which was enabled by default), and checked the "only with Magic Packet" box (rather than just disabling it).  It now seems to be sleeping normally.  

Not sure if it is the "correct" solution-- but it's working.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 8th, 2020 19:00

You should be able to adjust lighting in AlienFx.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 8th, 2020 19:00

Are you sure when the light stays on the the pc is in sleep mode? As opposed to the monitor being asleep but the pc still on or in some other non sleep mode? I'd check your power options to make sure the pc is doing the same thing when there is x minutes of inactivity vs hitting the sleep button.

4 Posts

August 9th, 2020 10:00

As a test I set both to 5 minutes in power settings.  So it appeared PC went to sleep, but lights stayed on...

4 Posts

August 9th, 2020 10:00

Can't find any way to impact lights is sleep mode in current AlienFX.  How is it done?

No Events found!