Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

3 Posts

June 18th, 2022 12:00

Aurora R11, lost Bluetooth driver

I was updating my drivers. When I went into Bluetooth I accidentally hit remove the driver and now I cant get it back? I have gone to the Alienware website and downloaded the driver and then tried to install it but it doesn't copy itself into the Device Manager and I cannot seem to find whatever it is downloading. Any help would be amazing because I have been looking for a solution for hours and I can't seem to find one.

210 Posts

June 18th, 2022 13:00

try: device manager/action/scan for hardware changes to see if it will show up

(I updated my bluetooth driver on the intel website)

June 18th, 2022 14:00

I have tried that, i have factory reset my pc, i have tried to download the driver off the Alienware website (worked but when i tried to install it, it runs then it changes nothing as in it doesn't add the driver in my device manager and it doesn't download anything onto my pc) and none of it worked

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 18th, 2022 15:00

Bluetooth is usually provided by the wireless NIC on Alienware desktops. Is your WiFi working ?

What version of Windows?
What make/model of wireless NIC?
What driver are you installing ?

Other than the base-driver, all files and support for Bluetooth is provided by Windows 10/11 these days.

June 18th, 2022 15:00

My wifi is working, I'm on windows 11, Qualcomm QCA9377 is the model of wireless NIC, and I'm trying to install the Bluetooth driver on the Alienware website called "Qualcomm QCA61x4A/QCA9377 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Driver"

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

June 19th, 2022 11:00

Right click on the very top of the device manager tree and select "scan for hardware changes".

It should add the device and driver back to the tree.

210 Posts

June 19th, 2022 12:00

try: the window troubleshooter for the bluetooth .

210 Posts

June 19th, 2022 13:00

a)Look in the microsoft store if anything more to be install.

b) hardware: I presume it's a M2 card... I would carefully remove and reseat it.

1 Rookie

• 

38 Posts

June 19th, 2022 13:00

Also in Device Manager maybe check Menu/View/Show Hidden Devices. Worth a try

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 19th, 2022 15:00

@steadler wrote:

b) hardware: I presume it's a M2 card... I would carefully remove and reseat it.

Agreed. Or just replace it (they are cheap) .

Remember that even if the driver was missing (or incorrect) it should still be shown in Device Manager as "Unknown Device" if it's even alive.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 19th, 2022 15:00

@UncannedLeopard wrote:

My wifi is working, I'm on windows 11, Qualcomm QCA9377 is the model of wireless NIC, and I'm trying to install the Bluetooth driver on the Alienware website called "Qualcomm QCA61x4A/QCA9377 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Driver"

Sounds correct.

Plan B is to:
- Uninstall and programs or apps for Qualcomm or Killer Networking.
- Delete Wireless Network card (and anything Bluetooth) from Device-Manager
- Reboot PC and let hardware re-detect.
- Use the driver that Windows-11 tosses you (from Windows-Update).

Note: You might have to connect an ethernet-wire to the wired-NIC to allow this to happen.

No Events found!