Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

August 23rd, 2020 15:00

Aurora R11, won’t start

Had the Aurora R11 about a month and it wont go past the Alienware logo. We have tried all help suggestions and actually got to check hardware and the repair and now on restart it won't, any suggestions?

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

August 24th, 2020 06:00

Did you try Dell Support yet? its a month old I would be on the phone with them ASAP. If they can't resolve RMA and get a new one. 

Just for the peace of mind. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 24th, 2020 08:00

@Clatters    . . . and now on restart it won't, any suggestions?

Were there any other events leading up to this problem; BIOS update, Windows update, new hardware/software, or anything else at all . . . or it just out-of-the-blue died?

50 Posts

August 24th, 2020 11:00

I had problems start about a week into my own new R11.

Diagnostics kept giving me messages about Power Button Cable failure and about the cable/connection for the Front Bezel Light Ring. Sometimes it wouldn't power on at all, though the Alien Head would flash an amber sequence which matched the code for the Power Button Cable Failure. Reseating cables (with the guidance of support) didn't change anything. 

An on-site tech couldn't come due to local pandemic restrictions. The machine ultimately went back to Dell last week to be serviced.

Unfortunately it looks like they "updated" their online service system tracking over the weekend so now I can't see what stage it's in and what's happening to it.

Anyway, I'd get on it with support. I'd speculate there can be issues with the front assembly which includes the power button, lights, etc.

No Events found!