Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2022 10:00

Aurora R12, Diagnostics, PCI Subsystem failure

Alienware Aurora R12

Alienware Aurora R12

Hi all,

I would just like your help with an issue I have just been told I have. I have just run a Diagnostics test. It has come up with a PASS on everything except a PCI Subsystem category PCI Bus failure. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this matter?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 25th, 2022 11:00

If everything is working, sounds like a "false positive" to me. 

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

July 26th, 2022 23:00

210 Posts

July 27th, 2022 08:00

The psa testing on pci is very vague. Any real mobo problems is most likely to appear in the device manager.

I take these tests with "a grain of salt" as the old saying goes.

As an example ,not long ago I ran psa for a memory check. At one point a little pop window with an OK button appeared  saying a "correction was made" click ok  so test finished all ok no problem.I did not know that the psa made corrections but the psa said ok. So I ran the window memory and memtest86 tests and both showed problems very quickly even even after reboot. Memory parameters looked ok.

dm.jpg

psa.jpg

July 26th, 2022 05:00

i have run the test again after restarting my pc and it is still coming up with the same fault 

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

July 26th, 2022 09:00

what about preboot supportassist on your pc, another Dell AI?  If that passes everything, the online Dell dx test has a bug.

one user reported "I'm running Online Diagnostic test and I have one error which is PCI Bus Subsystem. But when I run the pre-boot diagnostic test it says that all passed."

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

July 26th, 2022 11:00

Noticed this as a reported issue on some other systems also, yet the systems seem to function fine.

It looks like this might be related to a BIOS problem rather than a hardware issue and will likely resolve itself with the next upgrade cycle.

July 26th, 2022 13:00

how do I go about doing that 

210 Posts

July 26th, 2022 14:00

Did you check device manager for any obvious trouble ( yellow flag) ?

No Events found!