Alienware Desktops

Last reply by 07-27-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Aurora R12, Diagnostics, PCI Subsystem failure

Alienware Aurora R12

Hi all,

I would just like your help with an issue I have just been told I have. I have just run a Diagnostics test. It has come up with a PASS on everything except a PCI Subsystem category PCI Bus failure. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this matter?

Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions
8 Platinum

If everything is working, sounds like a "false positive" to me. 

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

View solution in original post

The psa testing on pci is very vague. Any real mobo problems is most likely to appear in the device manager.

I take these tests with "a grain of salt" as the old saying goes.

As an example ,not long ago I ran psa for a memory check. At one point a little pop window with an OK button appeared  saying a "correction was made" click ok  so test finished all ok no problem.I did not know that the psa made corrections but the psa said ok. So I ran the window memory and memtest86 tests and both showed problems very quickly even even after reboot. Memory parameters looked ok.

dm.jpg

psa.jpg

View solution in original post

Replies (8)
8 Platinum

If everything is working, sounds like a "false positive" to me. 

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

i have run the test again after restarting my pc and it is still coming up with the same fault 

what about preboot supportassist on your pc, another Dell AI?  If that passes everything, the online Dell dx test has a bug.

one user reported "I'm running Online Diagnostic test and I have one error which is PCI Bus Subsystem. But when I run the pre-boot diagnostic test it says that all passed."

5 Iridium

Noticed this as a reported issue on some other systems also, yet the systems seem to function fine.

It looks like this might be related to a BIOS problem rather than a hardware issue and will likely resolve itself with the next upgrade cycle.

how do I go about doing that 

3 Argentum

Did you check device manager for any obvious trouble ( yellow flag) ?

The psa testing on pci is very vague. Any real mobo problems is most likely to appear in the device manager.

I take these tests with "a grain of salt" as the old saying goes.

As an example ,not long ago I ran psa for a memory check. At one point a little pop window with an OK button appeared  saying a "correction was made" click ok  so test finished all ok no problem.I did not know that the psa made corrections but the psa said ok. So I ran the window memory and memtest86 tests and both showed problems very quickly even even after reboot. Memory parameters looked ok.

dm.jpg

psa.jpg

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor