Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

4 Posts

May 3rd, 2021 15:00

Aurora R12, RTX 3090, COD WZ crashing

I got the computer brand new. I updated it... downloaded Blizzard and then downloaded COD MW (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare). I rage quit and got a black screen and the rig was not useable. hard restart. Again this time no rage quit but once the match was over black screen and I had to power the pc down manually from the rig. Repeat a few more times. I factory reset then did all updates and driver updates carefully. Play COD WZ (Call of Duty: Warzone), black screen at the end of the match. Can't do any commands. It's the R12 that cost 5 grand so if you wanna check the specs, its the most expensive 1 they offer. 128 gigs, water cooled all that STUFF. I wanna factory reset it 1 more time. I dont have alotta pc knowledge. What am I supposed to exactly do to my pc after turning it on for the first time and downloading a video game?

11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X
2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
128GB Quad Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz
Lunar Light chassis with High- Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

209 Posts

May 3rd, 2021 15:00

Sometimes it’s full screen vs borderless.  Any other stress tests u could run? MayB the games benchmark.  Any event log too.. and is the computer hot when you r done?

4 Posts

May 3rd, 2021 16:00

I had no idea you could stress test ur pc like that. ima find the best program or whatever and run it tonight after a couple hours of S&D. note that my headphones dont produce any noise from the game so its not my screen goin black more like my PC's soul got snatched.... and pc dosnt run loud or hot its never under stress with that 3090... it feels like the PC is cruising with 220 fps at 1440p with all settings set on high.

11 Posts

May 24th, 2021 11:00

What did you ever find out. I bought a new r10 and getting the same thing. Game freezes, tears then goes black. Sometimes the PC resets itself other times have to hard reset. 

Streamers around the world playing the same game on PC with no issues. Wonder if it's an Alienware problem...

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

May 24th, 2021 12:00

Could be a video card issue. The RTX 3000 series cards are known to run at very high memory temperature, to a point where it can damage the card.

Can you try downloading a small utility called GPU-Z, and under the sensor tab look at the reported temperatures for "Memory Temperature" and "Hot Spot" temperature.

GPU-Z 

As you can see from the screenshot below, mine is around 60 Celsius when playing WOW Classic at 1440P.

I have seen people report theirs at 100 or more Celsius. I used to get close to 100 myself, and I had to tweak several things before I could drop it down to something more comfortable.

miaw.png

No Events found!