Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2021 18:00

Aurora R12, fan

Hi All,

I have bought an Aurora R12 and as with everyone else, the fans are a bit noisy.  I want to replace my fans but I am not sure if I should buy a 3 point or 4 point fan?

I was going to replace 2 fans, one in the top and one at the front.  I was probably going to buy a Noctua.

Thanks for your help,

52 Posts

December 7th, 2021 21:00

short answer: 4 pin

3 pin = fixed speed

4 pin = PWM fan, variable speed.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

December 7th, 2021 19:00

See this thread for some more information: R12 fans 

These systems have very limited support for aftermarket fans, so your mileage may vary. I have used Noctua NF-A12X25 in my R10 without any error codes, but that does not mean it will also work on the R12...

4 Posts

December 7th, 2021 20:00

OK.  But those are 4 pin fans?  Or 3 pin fans?  

4 Posts

December 7th, 2021 21:00

Thanks I will buy a 4 pin noctua fan x 2.  Cheers

509 Posts

December 7th, 2021 22:00

You should probably research before you buy. Most noctuas throw the bios boot error on the R12, infact most fans throw the error other than the non LED/RGB ML120 Pros and the Arctic P12 PWM

1 Message

June 15th, 2022 06:00

@Spudz3  wrote:

Hi All,

I have bought an Aurora R12 and as with everyone else, the fans are a bit noisy.  I want to replace my fans but I am not sure if I should buy a 3 point or 4 point fan?

I was going to replace 2 fans, one in the top and one at the front.  I was probably going to buy a Noctua.

Thanks for your help,

yes you can buy Notuca but i would suggest you to try cleaning your fans , the dust in the fans also makes noise . I had the same problem then i found out that my ducts are dirty due to which fans were catching a lot of dust and they were creating a lot of noise so then i got my ducts cleaned and also the fans 

1 Message

November 11th, 2022 07:00

Hello, I’m having the issues with the fans. I’ve tried connecting the stock fans back up but it still fails the self test and does not allow me to boot into windows. Dell support says they can only help if I pay for a warranty, so I’m assuming I’m going to have to write off this computer and purchase a new computer which has been built correctly and does not have stupid fan support issues. I’ve even cleared the cmos with no change. Currently pc is not useable. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 11th, 2022 08:00

Go back to the stock fans and clear the BIOS settings by removing and reinserting the Coin Cell battery.

Make sure the fans are connected to the proper headers. It would be pretty silly to purchase a completely new computer over a few fans...

Coin Cell battery 

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 11th, 2022 09:00

What PC do you have and what aftermarket fans did you try to use?

No Events found!