Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2022 15:00

Aurora R13, OC disabled, still won't update BIOS

So I tried to flash the bios, and it shows CPU is overclocking, so I disabled the overclocking in AWCC and also in BIOS menu, but it still shows the same message, not allowing me to flash the bios, the "ok" button is just greyed out, I'm out of ideas, what should I do?Screenshot (2).png

5 Posts

October 13th, 2022 12:00

I had the same exact issue. To get it to work, I had spam the F2 button on restart to enter the system BIOS menu before windows loads. From there I scrolled down to performance settings, and low and behold, Overclocking was on by default in system BIOS. I turned OC off in that menu, restarted my computer, ran the BIOS flash again, and to my surprise it worked!!!!

After I confirmed it upgraded to Alienware BIOS 1.6.0 from 1.5.1, I then spammed the F2 to enter system BIOS again, turned back on Overclocking, as it was set previously, saved, then restarted my system.

All has been good since then and hope this bit of info helps you or someone else who may have the same issue.

436 Posts

January 29th, 2022 16:00

try going into bios and loading optimized defaults, save, reboot, then try and flash again.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 30th, 2022 10:00

I would not advise flashing the BIOS under windows. Instead flash it from within the BIOS using a USB stick.

I would also advise not to flash the BIOS unless the new version is fixing an issue you are experiencing.

If a BIOS flash fails, you could end up with a bricked machine. So weigh the options before you proceed.

Bios flashing R13 

20 Posts

January 31st, 2022 04:00

This BIOS Revision fix the main issue with Aurora R13 aka BSOD crash causing by PCIe power Management 

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

January 31st, 2022 06:00

I was given this information on how to flash the bios and it worked like a charm and no longer scared to update my bios.

https://youtu.be/goXNrT84eKE

4 Posts

April 30th, 2022 13:00

Vanadiel,

Your advice needs one exception -- if Dell's support website is listing the update as urgent, it would be wise to update as indicated, even if your not experiencing an issue.

August 23rd, 2022 17:00

Bingo! Worked like a charm on my Area 51m-R2 after I upgraded my cpu from i7 10700 to i9 10900k.
It was constantly telling me that I have an overclock applied when in fact I did not have anything!
(AWCC would also fail to apply any OC no matter what -_-).

Something strange was going on with the BIOS: It would see the new CPU and the new CPU would work fine, but strange things like this  

Kudos again!

PS: It didn't fix AWCC but at least I got the Bios flashed  

3 Posts

December 24th, 2022 06:00

Insert original ram working for me now

No Events found!