Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

January 18th, 2019 02:00

Aurora R4, 6 beeps problem

Hi for the last week my pc has been giving the 6 beep gpu failure code on start up however if I power cycle it it will start normally. I've tried see seating the gtx card (GTX 1050), changing slot, resetting the cos and bios all with no effect. Any ideas?

3 Posts

January 18th, 2019 05:00

Hi for the last week my pc has been giving the 6 beep gpu failure code on start up however if I power cycle it it will start normally. I've tried see seating the gfx card (GTX 1050), changing slot, resetting the cmos and bios all with no effect. Could it be a weak cmos battery? Any ideas?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

January 18th, 2019 06:00

It does not sound like the CMOS battery but it certainly is worth a try. Usually you start seeing other problems like losing time and date or hard drives not detected, etc. Just follow my suggestions above when replacing.

3 Posts

Thanks for the reply, I've already ran the diagnostics as you suggested which comes back with no errors. When it does manage to boot everything performs as it should with no artifacts or crashing or anything. Could it be the CMOS battery dying? Unfortunately I don't have another gfx card to test with

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

The GPU could be starting to have problems. Run system diagnostics. Restart the system and at the Alienware logo start tapping F12. Run full diagnostics with special attention to the GPU results. Do you possibly have another video card you can try?

It does not sound like a CMOS battery problem  but changing the battery might not be a bad idea. If you do change the battery, leave the battery out of the system for 15 minutes before inserting the new battery.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 18th, 2019 09:00

Try a different PCIe video card (even if it's a baby one).

No Events found!