Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 25th, 2018 14:00

Aurora-R4, CPU fan error while fan is running

Due to a move by sea transport at the coldest of the winters, I removed the liquid cooling unit of my Aurora R4 to bring it in my suitcases. Yesterday, I reinstalled the unit but at startup I received this message "CPU fan failure, press F1 to continue". The fan of the cooling unit is working but at very low speed; the sound of the fan is barely noticeable. I add that during the startup phase, it runs at full speed for a few seconds. Is there a way to force the fan to run at a minimum speed to make sure there is always enough air circulation for heat removal; even if it makes a little noise, I prefer that to grill my CPU. Thank you for your help and advices.

June 6th, 2018 06:00

Let me just amend what I wrote a few minutes ago and also correct the statement given.

The Fan, the one on the Radiator, needs it's 4 Pin PWM connector (that's not a jumper, its a connector) connected to the thin daughterboard's connector labeled SYS FAN - ie. NOT the one labeled CPU FAN (which is a bit misleading)

Also for something to be an IO board it should have Input/Output devices connected to it. Not things like fans.

If you connect to the CPU_FAN you will get the error on bootup.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 28th, 2018 11:00

Hi @shermichel,

You can use SpeedFan or HWInfo to control the fan manually. The error is due to a jumper that was not connected in the right place on the IO Board. You will have to set the jumper to the right position. 

June 6th, 2018 06:00

Hi

Could you please tell us which jumper you are referring to and where it is?

I have only touched the fan's PWN connector and the Pumps 4 pin connector on the daughterboard.
They are both reinserted properly but I also get this fan fail error despite the fan clearly working.

1 Message

November 3rd, 2018 14:00

Hi

I would like to add my current problem to this topic. Recently I had a problem with turning on the computer due to 5 bibs error. I fixed it by disconnecting the cpu and the battery after turning on the computer, the fan on the cooler starts with maximum speed,  I'm not able to manually drop it. And when I want to  turn off the system through the windows start menu it will turn off system but fans and pc is still going crazy. What could it be ? Any ideas please? (I have to admit that I recently exchanged water in a cooling system because mesh was blocked but I did it many times)

Is this something to do with bios, or any other part ? Buying new asetec cooler will help?

Thank You in advance

Regards

Sham

No Events found!