Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2021 21:00

Aurora R4, installing new FX Master I/O board

OK, so,I have a few questions/ comments before I install my new FX boaed.

1. It states that I need to install netframework 4.0 for it to work. Unfortunately when I tried to install ver 4.0, it refursed to do so saying I have newer versions installed.

2. Could that be because I installed Windows 10?

3. I have the latest version of AWCC installed. 

4. Do I need to remove that first? Then reinstall it?

5. While troubleshooting the original FX board, I did everything mentioned here onthisboard, and I mean everything. Including,butnot limited to:

1. Moving the jumper 3x and restart, shutdown properly.

2. Disconnected USB2, followed by restarting the PC and removing AWCC completely. Then shutting down and reconnecting USB2. Followed by restarting the PC.

Of course it still doesn't  work!

So,now what? Imost certainly don't want to ruin my processor due to overheating. (liquidcooling inop)

Any and all help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

61 Posts

March 9th, 2021 22:00

Well, (drum roll please) I installed the new mio board and it worked!!!

Thank you so  much for all of the assistance, recommendations, and advice. It was invaluable. 

You &Tesla are invaluable resources for our Alienware systems. Please continue the great work you do for us. It means a great deal. Thank you.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 16th, 2021 21:00

Excellent. Good work. Perseverance paid off. 

Thanks for reporting back.

So, Aurora-R4, with Windows-10 (64bit) and (new) working MIO-Board uses this AW-CC v3.5.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=p1k0m

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

March 7th, 2021 00:00

MIO AlienFX board needs 4pin power & USB 2.0 comm cable connected … u installed CmndCntr, 3.6.5 Win10?, what is the problem?

61 Posts

March 7th, 2021 08:00

Problem is:

1. No led lights

2. Fx shows liquid cooling fail.

3. All cooling fans show 0% RPM, although fans are running.

4. All sensors read 0.

HWMONITOR shows fans are @ 3500 + RPM

Processor core temperatures range from 41°C- 54°C

Temp sensor "0" reads 71°C.

I am concerned that my processor may overheat.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 7th, 2021 12:00

I am concerned that my processor may overheat.

===========================

As long as:
- the (Asetek OEM) Liquid-Cooler is installed properly
- the pump is running (impeller is turning) you should be able to hear/feel it
- the radiator fan is spinning at least a little bit.

It will not over-heat during Windows boot or even lite app use.

The pump just needs proper voltage to run, and it only runs at one speed. 

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

March 7th, 2021 14:00

MIO: Your 'old' MIO board is still in there, doesn't appear to work etc, & you've troubleshooted it using some help posts, & you want advice before u install a new MIO board?

AWCC: You launch AWCC/CmndCntr app, & u get an error message that basically says 'install .netframework4.0 1st, before u try to install AWCC'?, but u already have higher versions of .netframework (from the Win10 install + the latest .NET updates) on there, & AWCC won't install since it seems to 'want' .net4.0 before it will launch etc? Error message occurs, & prevents AWCC from installing? Try version 3.5, perhaps, see what it does

So it's two issues, old MIO board won't work, & now u can't even install CmndCntr 3.6.5 to see if it works?. because u said this: 3. I have the latest version of AWCC installed

If it's installed, & you cant get old MIO to work (no case lights etc ), then yes, with AWCC installed, take that old MIO out & put your new one in, see what happens

MIO board needs 4pin power (from power supply cable) & the double-ended USB2.0 cable connected to MIO & a mthrbrd USB2.0 header. If you have it connected, & tried the jumper reset trick & the power dissipation procedure (remove wall cord, gently hold top power button down for 30-60 seconds), & if afterwards you get no case LED lights then yes u might want to buy/install a new MIO board to see if it helps

Help Posts: Aurora R4, AWCC stopped working | MIO Board died | MIO Board Issue 

CPU Cooling: So long as your MIO board has 4pin power, & the top light strip is plugged in, & the cooler pump 7pin connector is plugged into top light strip, & radiator fan is plugged in & running, the cooler should run & cool CPU. Of course u can monitor CPU temps w/ HWMonitor (or say w/ Intel XTU app) in the meantime. Which is to say, the MIO board is what relays power to the cooler, through the top light strip black 7pin header, it doesn't need software to work or power the pump motor etc

61 Posts

March 7th, 2021 17:00

Thanks! This is great news. All of  the  connectors  are properly connected. I will:

1. Check and verify if the pump & fan are running. 

2. Install the new FX board and see if it changes anything.

3. If not, I will Uninstall the AWCC 3.5 version.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

61 Posts

March 9th, 2021 10:00

OK, so the liquid cooling fan is running and it appears that the pump is running slowly. However, no lights,  temp sensors, or cooling operation indicated with AWCC version 3.6.5. I did previously run version 3.5, but no changes were noted.

The next step is to install the new FX board.

BTW... what OS are you running the latest AWCC version 3.6.5, and is it the 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

March 9th, 2021 13:00

I'm on AWCC 3.5, Win10Pro 2004 64bit, updated fully as of February

For the 'old' board, you ran Win10 + AWCC3.5 for a bit w/out issue then one day everything just stopped working? So u came here for help posts & tried some fixes & nothing worked?

61 Posts

March 9th, 2021 14:00

Correct -a-mundo! When I updated to AWCC 3.6.5 in win 10 2004 64bitit failed. FUNNY  thing is that the AWCC graphic shows an Arwa 51 PC, but I have an Aurira R4. 

Question, should I just install the mio board and see what happens, or should I just uninstall it, replace the mio board, and then install ver 3.5 that you run?

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

March 9th, 2021 18:00

The preferred version is 3.6, I run 3.5 because I havent had any issues, none. You're welcome to try the 3.5 that u say worked, no one would blame u for going to 3.6 though since it should be 'more compatible' w/Win10

The help posts I linked you to, I tried my best to troubleshoot a failed MIO that cant be discovered as a USB device in Device Manager (HID Devices with MIO Filter Driver, & as basic USB device in Universal Serial Bus devices etc), if none of the tips/tricks helped that old board then sure, take it out & try the new one; if it 'fails', try thr same help guides/posts. If none of the old posts help out I'm out of ideas for your machine, since everything I know of to help has been published in the old help posts etc

61 Posts

March 10th, 2021 11:00

OK, so, I spoke prematurely.  Yes, the lights work and I can quick change colors from the windows task bar. Yes, the liquid cooling pump shows it's running. FanrRPMs are now visible except for HD2. Some tep sensors are reading "0".

Active vents has error so it is not operational.

I attempted to change colors to "spectrum" but no change. It does appear that it might be loading something, but after 5 minutes  it remained the same. 

Other than that, we're good. I'll add some photos soon.

61 Posts

March 12th, 2021 16:00

OK, so, preformed the power dissipation procedure and VOILA!  Active venting opened properly.

However, I still receive the error shown below.

Active Venting ErrorActive Venting Error

Either Active Thermals or Active Venting results in the same error. If you click OK, it closes AWCC.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 12th, 2021 17:00

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

March 12th, 2021 17:00

If that's a 'NO instance of an object' error, in my experience it's because the MIO USB2.0 double-ended comm cable isn't hooked up. If yours is, & it appears to be since u have 'data' showing up (fan RPMs, Temps of some kind), if a re-install of CmndCntr 3.5 or 3.6, a 'repair' install of 3.5  or 3.6, or changing between versions doesn't help, then I'm not sure I know why it's throwing that error

For everyone who had a 'null reference / no instance object' etc error, the fix was to have the USB cable installed into MIO & onto mthrbrd USB header. If software repair/reinstalls do not help out, I'm not sure what to say about it  

No Events found!