Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 18th, 2018 01:00

Aurora R4 with A11 BIOS wont boot past to enter Configuration Utility...

This PC is six years old, has been working fine since purchase.  Has Windows 10 Pro installed, 16GB RAM (that came with PC at purchase),usually runs 24/7 and is rarely shut down.  I can't get it to boot and can't get to the CMOS configuration.  When powered on, I press F2 repeatedly and the "F2 - Setup" highlights on the bottom right but nothing happens and the PC locks at the "Press  to enter Configuration Utility..." prompt.  It shows the two installed hard drives and their size with "Non-RAID disk" in green under the Type/Status column.

Any suggestions on what I can look at to find the problem would be appreciated!  Thanks!

7 Posts

January 18th, 2018 19:00

Have you changed any of your hardware recently?

3 Posts

January 19th, 2018 05:00

No.  I just did a clean re-install of Windows 10 and it was working for a day or so.  I opened the case and swapped out the motherboard battery but that didn't help.  I removed all the memory and tried running with just one and two DIMMs.  I removed the graphics card and put it back, cleaned out all the dust.  Still not working.  I am able to hit Ctrl-I before all the dots display on the screen and can get into the RAID configuration.  It shows two disks and RAID not in use, then it hangs immediately when exiting that utility.  I tried putting in a new hard drive to see what would happen but no change so I put old drive back.  Still can't hit F2at boot time to get to configuration screen.

7 Posts

January 19th, 2018 15:00

I had a very similar issue, but it was ram based.  My ram wasn't compatible with the processor.  Sorry.. I'm stumped.

January 23rd, 2018 12:00

The same thing has just happened to me today.  I cannot get past the same part of the boot.  I also cannot user the keyboard.  I cannot get F2 to go into setup, and I cannot get Ctrl-I to go into the disk configuration.  Yesterday the machine was fine.

1 Message

January 21st, 2022 13:00

Exact same PC, exact same problem just now.

what was the fix?

No Events found!