Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

162 Posts

June 1st, 2018 01:00

Aurora R4

I have the Aurora R4 everything is original including the two graphics cards which are the 7800 series
I would like to upgrade them to graphics cards that will accommodate the VR system if you have any suggestions on what cards that will fit my machine I would greatly appreciate it
I'm currently looking at AMD Radeon RX 480 and AMD Radeon R9 290 but that one I think they don't make any more I can't even find it on their website so I've been looking at two of the AMD Radeon RX 480 cards if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it

much appreciated
Ray

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 1st, 2018 06:00

Intel and Nvidia seem like a better match to me. A single GTX-1080 or GTX-1080-Ti would work just fine.

Here is my MSI Gaming-X GTX-1070 in my Aurora-R1 . 

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-General/Recommended-NVIDIA-graphics-cards-for-Alienware-Aurora-R1-2009/td-p/5590861

I also suggest doing a SSD upgrade if you haven't already yet.

162 Posts

June 1st, 2018 13:00

Thanks Tesla your awesome as usual.
I went with your suggestion and I purchased two of the cards GTX-1080 that way I will have one for VR and one for everyday use plus I can play my old games as well I know it's an overkill but that's just me I always should big. They should be here within two weeks I will let you know how it goes if you like.

And yes I already went with an SSD 1 TB and My 3 TB factory disc which years ago you help me with.

Good talking with you again your awesome
Ray

No Events found!