Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MS

11 Posts

February 21st, 2019 14:00

Aurora R5, dual monitor support

Hi there,

I have an Aurora R5 with an Intel HD Graphics 530 video card. Allegedly it supports dual monitor functionality but if I connect a 2nd monitor only one is viewable. Additionally, I have to restart the PC to get it to recognize the 2nd monitor but then the primary monitor is not available.

The card has a DVI, HDMI, and Display Port connections. No matter what combination of connections are used to hook up the monitors only one monitor is viewable.

I have all the latest R5 drivers installed.

The dopey Dell Display Manager doesn't even recognize the Dell touchscreen monitor (that came with the R5) so that's no good for t/sing.

Really getting to hate Dell's systems. All my pre-Dell Alienware PCs (Area 51, Aurora R4, Mx17 R4) work great. Alienware Dells and Windows 10 are the pits. Will be going custom build next time.

Installed OS is Windows 10 Professional.

Can anyone help with my issue dual monitor issue?

Thank you.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 21st, 2019 15:00

I suggest you connect all your monitors to the system's dedicated video card (Nvidia or AMD) using plain cables and native ports.

11 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 17:00

Thank you for responding. The video card is an Intel HD Graphics 530. Please explain the plain cables and native ports remark. I'm using the correct cable/connector type for the hardware connectors (native ports?) on the card - DVI, HDMI, Display Port. After connecting a second monitor and rebooting only one of the monitors is recognized. When I access the Display properties in Control Panel or the Win10 display app. only the monitor in use is shown. There is no second monitor recognized. If I reboot the PC again it may then choose the other monitor as the display. It seems the card or system is not enabling dual monitor functionality the card/system allegedly has. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 22nd, 2019 19:00

@mr.squiggs wrote:
The video card is an Intel HD Graphics 530. 

While the Aurora-R5 has on-board Intel graphics, I wasn't aware that you could buy it without (a real) dedicated AMD or Nvidia card. I don't suppose you would consider finding it and re-installing it?

11 Posts

February 25th, 2019 13:00

Hi there.

I did eventually find the fix for the dual monitor issue.

Go to

..and the answer is provided by user it3456. When you try updating the driver via other means (Device Manager, etc.) it always tell you that you have the best driver available. Not so! Here's the fix....

"I found a way to fix the windows 8.1 to windows 10 hdmi issue just goto settings then goto display then advanced display settings then display adapter properties for display 1 press properties driver then update driver that's it I,m not a pro or computer guy but I don't give up so I found it."

Thanks, case closed.
No Events found!