Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

4 Posts

February 12th, 2019 21:00

Aurora R6, Should I put in another graphics card?

I stream on twitch, and I have been noticing that whenever I game, that my games, and or stream, have been lagging quite a lot. I also noticed that either my cpu or my gpu have been running really hot while playing. My current build is a i7-7700 3.60 GHz cpu, and a GTX GeForce 1070, with 16gb ram, and a 1tb hard drive. If I add another 1070, I would need to put in another power supply. If so, would I need a 750W??? I currently have a 460W. Could I add another graphics card? At this point I don't know if this is a cpu, gpu, ram, or cooling problem, or if I just need a more robust pc for what I am doing. Any suggestions welcome! I have been wanting to stream LoL and World of Warcraft lately. Thanks guys. =)

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 12th, 2019 21:00

@greatbubbles wrote:

1. I stream on twitch, and I have been noticing that whenever I game, that my games, and or stream, have been lagging quite a lot.

2. I also noticed that either my cpu or my gpu have been running really hot while playing.

3. My current build is a i7-7700 3.60 GHz cpu, and a GTX GeForce 1070, with 16gb ram, and a 1tb hard drive. I currently have a 460W.

1. Are you running a wired ethernet connection?

Who is your ISP and what does SpeedTest.net say about your connection?

2. Likely normal ... how hot are they at max? They will throttle-back if they get too hot.

Also, did you not get the Liquid-Cooler?

3. GTX-1070 should be fine (if just one monitor at 1440p or lower) ... especially with WoW. 

However, I'm kinda surprised 460w PS runs all those components perfectly always (without eventually running-out of power).

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 12th, 2019 23:00

@greatbubbles wrote:

1. No, I run a gigabit ethernet connection.

2. 42 ping, 475 download, 22 upload.  ISP: xfinity/comcast

3. I believe it 's just air cooled, the cpu might be liquid cooled. 

4. I'm running duo monitors. 1920x1080 (main) and  1440x900 (secondary)

5. as far as heat goes, all I know is that with the tests that dell had me do for hardware problems, the gpu went up to 62 degree Celsius

1. Good

2. That speed is good, but Ping=42 is only fair.

3. Either a Liquid-Cooler is installed on the CPU or it isn't. :Indifferent: You could look ?

4. That is fine, but you only full-screen game on one-at-a-time, right?

5. GTX-1070 running at 62c is not hot for a GPU.

You can install CPUID HW-Monitor. Run it before gaming. Max is Heavy-Gaming and Min can be Idle.

February 12th, 2019 23:00

No, I run a gigabit ethernet connection.

42 ping, 475 download, 22 upload.  ISP: xfinity/comcast

I believe it 's just air cooled, the cpu might be liquid cooled. 

I'm running duo monitors. 1920x1080 (main) and  1440x900 (secondary)

as far as heat goes, all I know is that with the tests that dell had me do for hardware problems, the gpu went up to 62 degree Celsius

2.2K Posts

June 8th, 2020 17:00

You are either very knowledgeable about mining bitcoin or very new to it. Or you live somewhere that has free electricity. How are you going to get positive return especially after the recent halving? The job difficulty would be so high that you spend more to mine than what you get.

3 Posts

June 8th, 2020 17:00

I currently have the Aurora R6 with the MSI Ventus RTX 2080.  

Can you put a second one in the lower slot?  

Trying to mine bitcoin.RTX2080R6.jpg

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 8th, 2020 20:00

You's need the 850W psu.  It's going to get really hot in that SFF case with two double fan open air GPUs plus air cooling on the CPU... not an ideal setup for mining really. 

No Events found!