Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 24th, 2022 11:00

Aurora R6, not appearing in FX tab of AWCC

Hello,

I recently bought a Aurora R6 off Facebook Marketplace. Got it all set up but noticed I cant change the case RGB color because the device isn't showing in the AWCC FX tab. I've went through and updated all drivers from Dell, everything is up to date. The keyboard and mouse FX work no problem. Maybe I missed a driver?

6 Posts

May 24th, 2022 21:00

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION: For some reason there is two completely different Alienware command center programs for download on dell, so I had to download a different software with the same name to manage everything case related (fan speed, temps, case rgb). Clearly the two programs need to be merged into one the same way ICUE does it. Thats probably already how it is, however in my case I had to use two programs.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

May 24th, 2022 12:00

Hi @WANGEN welcome to this free user to user Alienware laptop discussion forum. This is not Dell Support. 

Support for Alienware Aurora R6 Drivers & Downloads includes Alienware Command Center for Desktop v4.8.23.0 (and OC Controls v1.0.4.0) for Windows 10, 64-bit. Does the system have the Windows 11 operating system? 

There is a thread Alienware Aurora r6 dynamic lighting? - Dell Community and AlienFX allows system to “go dark” by disabling all lighting effects. 

Did your Facebook Marketplace vendor say that this Alienware Aurora R6 has an AlienFX Issue? Please include Snip & Sketch of your Dell AWCC application appearance, so we can see what you see. 

Alienware Aurora R6 AlienFX LightingAlienware Aurora R6 AlienFX Lighting

6 Posts

May 24th, 2022 13:00

I don't think the seller even knew the FX software was a thing. As you can see in the screenshot there's 2 devices, the mouse and keyboard but I believe there should be a 3rd (the computer case).

Capture.png

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

May 24th, 2022 16:00

Hi @WANGEN thank you for sharing update and image.

There is an Alienware Support video on YouTube Alienware Command Center - Software Overview - YouTube  At 0:42 video clicks on the top right to open the app light settings window.  At 1:18 video clicks on the chassis and keyboard followed by how to change a light zone. Hopefully your AWCC has these features. The AWCC is not generic, it is designed for your system. An element of play is required to discover what your Dell AWCC application offers. 

6 Posts

May 24th, 2022 17:00

Thats where i expect to see the option however there is no chasis option

No Events found!