Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

58 Posts

February 17th, 2019 15:00

Aurora R7, AW768 Pro KB, AW959 Elite mouse, AlienFX issues

Posting here as I got an Aurora R7 with AW768 and AW959 a week ago. Ever since, it hung but troubles with the AlienFX lighting. Mouse is not seen in Control Center, not even changeable for AlienFX. I’ve been in touch with both Alienware tech support and Dell UK executive resolutions department regarding this and completely getting excuses that my machine is working as it should when it clearly is not. There is a new AWCC available, but only for the newer Aurora R8 and other newer platforms. I’ve been sent the excuse of “use the Microsoft Store AWCC app” which is terrible. No good reviews and extremely bad ones. Why is Dell selling this machine and then expecting me to use bad third party software that doesn’t even work properly to control what Dell should have already have under their own control? I am extremely angry. Suggestions of “Use the Microsoft Store app” will be met accordingly as Dell should have this sorted “in house” with official Dell updates. But it seems that support is no longer being offered for the Aurora-R7 with this new AWCC. Dell, care to comment?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@steviejones133 wrote:
1. I’ve been in touch with both Alienware tech support and dell uk executive resolutions department regarding this

2. Dell, care to comment?

1. Good

2. Dell Technical Support (and Dell upper management) does not read this forum. This community forum is Dell users helping each other.

- Did you only want Dell personnel to post?

- If you were just "venting" please ignore this post.

Well, I know Chris mixon from my days on NBR ALIENWARE. Conference calls with Frank Azor, bill bivin to mention a few about product development. I need someone from dell to step up and help me out here.

tried twitter to aw tech, dell cares and Frank Azor with no genuine response. Blocked by @AzorFrank which speaks volumes about denying an issue that exists.

February 17th, 2019 16:00

What good is this forum if I can’t post links to examples?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@steviejones133 wrote:

Well, I know Chris Mixon

Yes, Chris is a moderator here. Yes, he knows his stuff, and has always been very helpful over the years. However, Dell is a big company.

You didn't appear to accept my offer for help, so since I don't work for Dell ... I will not post further here. Good luck.

Oh, great. Now I cannot even post links here to examples of the same

February 20th, 2019 11:00

I am using the R7 with those same peripherals without issue.

Make sure you updated your awcc (standard one that comes with your system).

You can download the "new version" in addition (the one intended for the Area-51 series) as it gives you the ability to change macros etc (never really use it myself).

I think there is also drivers for both the keyboard and mouse you need to install as well.

Sorry the info is sparse, but just know that they do actually work, effects and all, as I am using them right now.

Specs

R7

8700k aio 4.8oc

64gb hyper x fury ram xmp1 2933

MSI Vega 64 oc

Creative soundblaster AE5

Killer NIC 1550

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 22nd, 2019 20:00

According to @PentatonicSteel the AW768 Pro KB, AW959 Elite mouse (and their software) work fine, so there's that.

I read in the other thread that you returned all of it (including the Aurora). 

For others searching later ... the Logitech mice and keyboards are similar. While they don't have "Alienware" printed on them, they do have software that works. Similarly, it's one unified Windows app that controls both.

No Events found!