ravic
2 Iron

Aurora R7, AlienFX LEDs not working

I have not messed around with these for a long time but just realized that my LEDs are not working at all. I completely reinstalled my system but still the same result.

AlienwareAlienFXTester says the current version of the board is 0.00.00.

Does that say that for anyone else with a Alienware Aurorar R7?

Thanks for any help.

alienfx.jpg

0 Kudos
31 Replies

Re: Aurora R7 AlienFX LEDs not working

Hi, Did you try using this version of the Alienware Command Center? https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=F8P3V&osCode=WT64A&produc...
Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Cendrecoeur
1 Nickel

Hi, thumbs up for this. Got the exact same issue. Using latest version of Control center. Tried a clean uninstall/reinstall. Nothing seems to work. Just sent a support request to DELL, which I would have liked to avoid... If anyone has a fix, thanks for sharing
0 Kudos

I am on an R7, and have not seen that graphic layout for led control...

Sure you are on the correct version of AWCC?

I use the page that includes the keyboard and mouse along with the desktop led control.

0 Kudos
Cendrecoeur
1 Nickel

Hi, 

Can you screenshot what display software you are using? I'm getting really confused between Control center & command center.
The screenshot shown is from the in-house AlienFX Tester system. This is just normally a sanity check to verify everything is OK with the system. 

I'm using Command Center to deal with Fans & desktop FX. 

And Control center to deal with mouse/keyboard FX. 

0 Kudos

I use the command center (same place as adding oc profiles and power options etc). First page shows cpu fan profiles etc, second led options, third power options, etc etc/

Honestly never seen what you are using...

Not at home to take a screen, but I will tonight when I get the chance.

Sure you aren't using the "new" AWCC that was meant for the Alienware "X" series or whatever?

It was marketed for all users to control their keyboard and other peripherals, but you can't use it for systems led effects on the aurora series.

Go to driver page, and look for the AWCC that specifically states (R6+ or aurora).

Edit: Rodrigo already posted the correct AWCC download version.

0 Kudos
Cendrecoeur
1 Nickel

I use both actually, uses both the standard command center for fans, alienfusion etc, and the "new" one for the peripherals like keyboard, mouse. For some reason the old one can not handle peripherals as well. Tried to look into further softwares. My guess is that because in some games the leds are "synchronized" with the game, it might cause some bug. My question is where can I disable this feature? And my other question would be, would there be any conflict between AlienFX software and other softwares ? (i'm using Geforce Experience and EVGA Precision X1 for example) Tried to open up the desktop to see if everything was ok, all seems correclty plugged in. Pretty sure it's a software issue.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

@Cendrecoeur wrote:
1. My guess is that because in some games the leds are "synchronized" with the game, it might cause some bug. My question is where can I disable this feature?

2. And my other question would be, would there be any conflict between AlienFX software and other softwares ? (i'm using Geforce Experience and EVGA Precision X1 for example) 

1. Disable "3rd Party AlienFX Access"

More optimal settings here:

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/My-Aurora-R6-The-Adventure-Continues/td-p/6063705

2. There should not be. Anyway, both of those are non-essential ... so easy enough to uninstall them to troubleshoot.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Cendrecoeur
1 Nickel

Tried uninstalling both and still no luck. My desktop leds are still down. I'm using the latest available version oc AW CC for the R7, that is to say the 4.8.20. Tried to erase the previous windows update but had no effect. Tried to do the "20 seconds power button push" technique, but also no effect. I'm currently in touch with Dell assistance but would like to avoid as much as I can to deal with them. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

If a clean install of proper AW-CC does not help, you likely have a Windows corruption problem or a hardware problem.

AFAIK, there is no "outside of Windows" LED-Test (nor is it possible in ePSA).

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.