Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 22nd, 2018 21:00

Aurora-R7, CPU pump failed, thread 1

I have found this cpu pump failed situation on my new R7 since last week, so far I tried:

1. Uninstall and re-install the Command Center, it works.....until next time I restarted my pc.

2. Run the ePSA test and it passed (the 10 mins one)

3. Re-install the bios and it works for few days until now. (I did not update or change bios recently tho)

Btw, the AlienFX also doesnt work when it shows the cpu pump failed.

Could anyone help me to fix this issue? Or should I need to call the Dell for help since it's still in the 1-yr warranty.

S~30{X@~51ZWP11JJ91X9}Q.png

27 Posts

March 10th, 2018 20:00

Direct quote i got from dell "We have reviewed your online request, this is due to a glich on the Alienware Command Center and the latest Windows updates released.

The CPU Pump is showing even failed or top fan at 0RPM, howver it is just a bad reading.

There will be a v5.xx of the AWCC released in the next weeks, however we dont have a final ETA yet. "

I tried a set it back to factory setting, it works almost half a month until today. It shows the same issue this morning and I have no idea what to do in the next step.

Just see the related post, thanks for the information!

27 Posts

Hopefully fixed soon.. dont like not seeing it

1 Message

May 7th, 2018 14:00

Same here but I got lucky did a complete wipe of command center even from registry. Reinstalled and works fine. It seemed like overclocking is what caused the glitch in the first place

1 Message

August 28th, 2018 07:00

Had the same issue, I also did a fresh install of Alienware Command Center and that seems to have fixed the issue.  Phew!  As I'm an ignoramus, I had to use a YouTube tutorial to do the re-install, I found this one easy to follow.

27 Posts

August 28th, 2018 07:00

Ive tried reinstalling serveral times with no luck. I contacted support and they told me it was a glitch with the latest windows 10 update and the command center update. And that was back in feb. So who knows anymore

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 28th, 2018 08:00

@PhillyAck wrote:

Ive tried reinstalling serveral times with no luck. I contacted support and they told me it was a glitch with the latest windows 10 update and the command center update. And that was back in feb. So who knows anymore

Yeah, well, there is always a glitch with something-or-the-other. :Smile:

I think you are waiting for something that will never happen. I never stopped running Alienware Command Center ... through Windows-10 v1703, v1709, and now v1803.

What version are you trying to install? Try:
- Complete Uninstall and clean-up first. It must be a "clean-install".
- Un-Blocking the installer before using it
- Disabling your Anti-Virus before install

27 Posts

August 28th, 2018 09:00

Ill have to look when i get home.. I kinda figured that.. Ive had zero issues with over heating etc.. Ill report back later and let ya know

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

September 23rd, 2018 14:00

@Caliburian wrote:

I have found this cpu pump failed situation on my new R7 since last week, so far I tried:

1. Uninstall and re-install the Command Center, it works.....until next time I restarted my pc.

2. Run the ePSA test and it passed (the 10 mins one)

3. Re-install the bios and it works for few days until now. (I did not update or change bios recently tho)

Btw, the AlienFX also doesnt work when it shows the cpu pump failed.

Could anyone help me to fix this issue? Or should I need to call the Dell for help since it's still in the 1-yr warranty.

S~30{X@~51ZWP11JJ91X9}Q.png

Hey Cal I see this post back in Feb. I just now got hit with the same exact thing. Did you ever get it fixed or just waiting for new version of CC?

This is what mine looks like after I got the CPU Pump failure. You see under thermal control I have now a new entry called CPU Fan. I believe its a software glitch and the CPU Pump sensor that was under thermal status is now listed as CPU fan. Thats my best take on it. All diagnostics pass and temps are perfect so I haven't called Dell yet based on other reply's that it could be a glitch but I did update to the latest BIOS which I prob. should have left that alone. 

Capture.JPG

11 Posts

September 24th, 2018 18:00

Just had this happen to me today after updating the BIOS to the latest. I opened up my PC to make sure everything looked ok. I rolled back my BIOS to the August version and no dice. Gonna try updating command center or uninstall/reinstall it.

27 Posts

September 24th, 2018 19:00

Good luck. Ive tried everything everyone has said to do with no luck. And all dell tech support tells me its a software glitch and should be fixed with command center update when ever that is released.. Was told this back in March and still waiting.. Ive had zero issues with overheating or anything so im guessing its working correctly.

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

September 26th, 2018 08:00

I just uninstalled AWCC and OC controls. I messed with this OC settings a few months back in the OC command center and got an error that the profile had an issue something blah blah and had a funky power issue going on and to call Dell with an 800 listed but instead I turned off that setting and all seemed to be fine

So now after the CPU pump failure I didn't realize the AWCC is separate from the OC controls - 2 separate programs and now the funky power issue is back. If my PC is off I turn it on and after like 2 seconds it shuts off (all lights go off, no fans) then it powers back on again and loads fine. Im like this again so I just uninstalled OC controls and AWCC and gonna test tonight and see. 

17 Posts

March 29th, 2019 08:00

Hello, it's March 29, 2019 and I've been having this issue crop up since I got the computer late last year. Just yesterday I uninstalled control center and reinstalled, after making sure I got the newest version [I did the same thing last week too]. But it's still showing up with the Pump failed. I ran ePSA test and everything is working as it should so it must still be that the program is broken even after a year.

This is the one I downloaded and installed: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=f8p3v&oscode=wt64a&productcode=alienware-aurora-r7-desktop It's the one my computer's product page says is the newest version for my computer, but as I said, still getting the pump failed and the temperatures reporting as 0c and the AlienFX light controller isn't working.

I had gotten it all to work last week for a few days after reinstalling but it's happened again and yesterday even reinstalling didn't work. Anyways, any fresh info or help would be fantastic. Thanks!

17 Posts

March 29th, 2019 08:00

Hey Tesla thanks for replying. When I ran the ePSA test last night your post was what I followed and all the fan speeds and temperatures were at or very closely around the ones you posted. I just tried 5.2.29 [Didn't realize it was the windows store version] but I'm going to try 4.8.25 next and see if that works. Oh also using support assist I did update my Bios the other day when the new one came out. Dunno if that has anything to do with anything, though.
No Events found!