Unsolved

IK

1 Rookie

• 

176 Posts

May 14th, 2020 05:00

Aurora R7, LED Light Connector Cable

Hi All

I have managed to break off one of the little two pin connectors that the LED light controller connects to when you put the side door back on. Now as you look at the PC the left hand side wont light up and you cant change colours. Through this forum i have discovered the cable i need is this one, Dell Alienware R5 Side Panel Door Light Cable 0V593G V593G.

I can buy that cable but it is not cheap and i cant find how easily or how much of the PC i need to take apart to fit it. Does anyone have any experience of fitting one of these or any advice as i cant find anything in the service manual? I know i can follow the old cable, but what i don't want to do, is end up having to take apart half the PC to fit it.

Just looking for a little advice on whether it is worth the hassle to change it. Whoever designed that side door and the metal cover that is not secured in place i would like to meet lol. 

Thank you.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 14th, 2020 23:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

September 16th, 2020 09:00

The R5 and R7 have different connectors on the side panel.  The R5 panel won't work in the R7.  @GTS81 has photos that show the difference between the 2 connectors.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

September 16th, 2020 09:00

Ok it looks like I revived an old thread but this was listed at the top of the forum!

No Events found!